Protrek or Suunto

Thread: Protrek or Suunto

Protrek or Suunto

I have prw2500t, used to have paw1100 ... however many of my friends (Army) seems to have suunto core, im not going to lie, i love my protrek. I just wanted to hear what you guys have to say,. And who knows I might buy me one.

Re: Protrek or Suunto

I did a lot of looking into this a whole back and it basically came down to small differences that meant a lot to those that needed or wanted a specific feature.

Core uses batteries, Casio doesn't (solar). My old Suunto X-Lander sucked batteries down. They maybe lasted a year.

Casio is a world timer. Core is a two timezone watch.

Core has better ABC functions compared to Casio. For example Core can store past ABC functions to memory. Casio doesn't.

Core seemed to have the nicer LCD display...meaning clearer.

Maybe the PX just had a deal on the Core and that's why they all have them.

FWIW: I ended up with the Protrek. I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about batteries and could easily change timezones. Mine even sync'ed with the atomic clock, so I didn't have to worry about resetting the time. The ABC functions were good for me. I didn't need my watch to store past readings. They were more for back up anyway. I used the barometric sensor the most to keep tabs on incoming weather.

Cheers, Rob
    The body will never go, where the mind has never been.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko SBBN040 Golden Tuna, PAM 579, JLC MC Diving Chrono GMT NS, PAM 190 8-Days, Rolex DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa '07 T-Graph & 750T Carribean, Rolex TT DJ, RXW MM20

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    I have prw2500t, used to have paw1100 ... however many of my friends (Army) seems to have suunto core, im not going to lie, i love my protrek. I just wanted to hear what you guys have to say,. And who knows I might buy me one.
    I vote for Suunto; I have had a couple of Protreks, and they're fine watches, but I like the way the Suunto's fit my arm - just extremely comfortable, especially the Core (I've owned 2 of them, and one of them was my daily wear for the better part of a year). Also, I've heard Suunto's customer service is fantastic. Although I've never had to send any of my Suunto's back to them, I've heard from people who have that they almost always get a brand new watch sent back to them.... and no, I don't mean their old watch restored to "like new" condition, I literally mean they have sent in a 10 year old watch and gotten a brand new one in the mail, no questions asked.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yep, Suunto's customer service is the best. I personally like both Casio Protreks and Suuntos, so I really can't choose between a Protrek and a Core. If I was pressed to buy one though I'd buy a Protrek.

This is really a personal preference, both are great tool watches.

My personal preference is for protrek.

Banned

I'd go for a Vector instead of a Core. Not as sexy, but Made in Finland, lighter and tougher.

One of the reason you might see so many military guys with Suuntos is because they get issued to a handful of units. I know in the Air Force lots of people wear them for that reason.

B Pretty much your answers came as no surprise to me... both are great tactical watches...
    I'll remain on the Protrek side tho... To me Suunto core is great tool yet, its made in China, also scratches real easy,and in the line of my job, it won't sustain a day with out getting scratch ...

Thread Information