pulled the trigger on a U-boat 50mm

Thread: pulled the trigger on a U-boat 50mm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

pulled the trigger on a U-boat 50mm

I have been in deep thought in the last several weeks about getting the bigger sized u-boat. my mind is tired of playing mental gymnastics so i just got the watch i was most likely never to get lol. anyway i had a 43mm flighdeck pvd chrono several weeks ago, it was a beautiful watch but something was lacking, it was very similar to my other watches. as my wife put it, it was the size that made it ordinary.

so i sold that one and got the 50mm flightdeck with carbon face and steel bezel. let me tell you that this is one big intimidating watch not necessarily for big people or big wristed folks. IMho its a statement watch and must be worn big. its loud but oozing in quality and craftsmanship. and the carbon dial is just superb almost hypnotizing. better quality than ten times more expensive watches with same dial.

the pvd coating is excellent and according to my friend whos owned one for a year and has yet to exhibit scratches and wear inspite of being banged up abused. the coating is obviously thicker and better appied than other pvd watches. also this one came with the sapphire crystal instead of the mineral one. also i have heard others belittle the eta movement but its fine for me. i bought this watch knowing for the apperance not the mechanism. it tells good time and the chrono feature does its job.

Biggest aspect is the size. i am a , lean athletic guy with very small wrists. in the region of 6.7" but i honestly think that height plays a more important factor than wrist size. watch is very very comfortable and wraps around my wrist nicely. as i mentioned its a big watch and be prepared for all the stares and positive comments. girls love it guys want it.

im still getting used to the size but i have heard nothing but positive comments from strangers and friends. in a few days the size factor should settle in. im coming from 42mm and 44m watches and my problem now is they look tiny:)

so if you want a watch with character and not necessarily bling this is the one. great quality, great looks and a real statement watch. if this aint your thing dont even bother. if your considering the 43mm then consider another watch as it defeats the purpose of getting a uboat.

Rolex Explorer I
    Rolex YM 2T
    Rolex DD YG 36mm
    VC overseas chrono

Moderator High-end watches amine's Avatar

Laughing Re: pulled the trigger on a U-boat 50mm

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I have been in deep thought in the last several weeks about getting the bigger sized u-boat. my mind is tired of playing mental gymnastics so i just got the watch i was most likely never to get lol. anyway i had a 43mm flighdeck pvd chrono several weeks ago, it was a beautiful watch but something was lacking, it was very similar to my other watches. as my wife put it, it was the size that made it ordinary.

so i sold that one and got the 50mm flightdeck with carbon face and steel bezel. let me tell you that this is one big intimidating watch not necessarily for big people or big wristed folks. IMho its a statement watch and must be worn big. its loud but oozing in quality and craftsmanship. and the carbon dial is just superb almost hypnotizing. better quality than ten times more expensive watches with same dial.

the pvd coating is excellent and according to my friend whos owned one for a year and has yet to exhibit scratches and wear inspite of being banged up abused. the coating is obviously thicker and better appied than other pvd watches. also this one came with the sapphire crystal instead of the mineral one. also i have heard others belittle the eta movement but its fine for me. i bought this watch knowing for the apperance not the mechanism. it tells good time and the chrono feature does its job.

Biggest aspect is the size. i am a , lean athletic guy with very small wrists. in the region of 6.7" but i honestly think that height plays a more important factor than wrist size. watch is very very comfortable and wraps around my wrist nicely. as i mentioned its a big watch and be prepared for all the stares and positive comments. girls love it guys want it.

im still getting used to the size but i have heard nothing but positive comments from strangers and friends. in a few days the size factor should settle in. im coming from 42mm and 44m watches and my problem now is they look tiny:)

so if you want a watch with character and not necessarily bling this is the one. great quality, great looks and a real statement watch. if this aint your thing dont even bother. if your considering the 43mm then consider another watch as it defeats the purpose of getting a uboat.

Dude, congrats on the purchase, great choice and it looks cool on your wrist, was looking the other day at the square ss case with red saphire crystal, i liked it and will consider adding a u-boat watch to my collection, especially that it's my country brand
    Oris Flight Timer R4118,Oris Carlos Coste 2007,Oris TT3,Rolex Submariner date,Rolex Milgauss GV,Rolex cosmograph Daytona,Rolex GMT Master II-C,Patek Philippe Nautilus 5712/1A,A.Lange & Söhne Lange1,Breguet Le Reveil Du Tsar,Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time,Audemars Piguet ROO Safari,Omega SMP1164,Panerai 177,Panerai 88,Panerai 214,Panerai 233,Breitling Navitimer world,Tag Heuer aquaracer D/D, Tag Heuer Microtimer,Tag Heuer SLR 2007 L.E,Tag Heuer Carrera, Cartier Santos 100,Frederique Constant Austin Healey L.E,Maurice Lacroix Pontos,Maurice Lacroix MP Double Retrograde,Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL 2007 L.E,Tissot Moto GP 2007 L.E,JeanRichard Chronoscope J-051,JeanRichard Chronoscope 25030,JeanRichard Bressel 16012,Longines Lindbergh 47mm,Girard Perregaux Laureato Evo3,Jaeger-Le-Coultre Master World Geographic,IWC Classic Pilot Chrono,IWC 5001 Portuguese 7 Days,Baume & Mercier Hampton XL Magnum,Zenith Defy Classic Chrono Aero,Zenith Defy Extreme Chrono,Longines Legend Diver...etc

Re: pulled the trigger on a U-boat 50mm

thanks man! the model you are referring to is the thousands of feet. the black pvd one with phantom dial and crystal is a jaw dropper.

i tried the 43mm version and it was soo tiny it was a joke. 43mm is a decent size but it just looks so wrong for a uboat.
    Rolex Explorer I
    Rolex YM 2T
    Rolex DD YG 36mm
    VC overseas chrono

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That dial looks awesome, but the watch looks a tad big on your wrist. Congrats though ... whatever makes you happy.

it is big indeed. the 43mm was decent but ordinary. so i went with the bigger size even if it was a bit big. so far its been fine. if they had a 47mm version i would be all over that.

whats funny is that the 50mm all pvd black bezel looks much smaller than the one with the steel bezel. i guess its all illusion, i will be ordering a black bezel to tone the watch a bit more and have a scaled down illusion.
    Rolex Explorer I
    Rolex YM 2T
    Rolex DD YG 36mm
    VC overseas chrono

No such thing as a watch thats too bigg (IMHO) I love big watches the U-Boat is a Great buy, thank GOD the crown is on the left side - would really hurt if you wore it on your left wrist.
    NJOY

My youngest bro just pick up a watch called Curtis & Co (sumthing like Jacob & Co)
    57mm its crazy - looks good on him

Banned

And Obscession easily turns into Madness....

You are joking? 50mm, 57mm, that is not a WATCH!!!! That is a Kitchen Clock!!!
    On a strap!

The carbon face is nice... I also have a 50mm one... non-chrono... all black, but rarely wear it... there are too many other watches with more appealing features. and although I will only wear a large watch this one is a little too Gigamammoth!
    x

the only way that could wrap around your wrist is it the steel melted. also I wouldn't wear it close to an airport as a pilot may mistake it for a landing strip. imo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information