Punt Go For 3?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Punt Go For 3?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Punt Go For 3?

Im trying to round out a possible 3 watch rotation of daily wearers that gives me more diversity of watch types. Essentially, I have 3 divers so I've decided to part ways with the PO. This leaves me with my black Breitling SOH on mesh and my white dial Breitling Super Avenger.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357613590.406473.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  137.3 KB
    I'm not a movement snob in any way but will certainly consider in house if I like the watch. I'm thinking a last resort max budget of $7k, though its not about the price as much as getting the right one. Ideally 1 diver, 1 chrono, and 1 dressier watch. Formal dress watches are not my style nor are smallish <40 mm watches.

Here are my thoughts
    1) Pick up a Breitling Transocean (3 hander), Omega Aqua Terra, or maybe a JLC Memovox

2) Wait to collect more funds and buy a Panerai 351

3) Sell the Super Avenger and buy a Breitling Transocean Chrono which can run double duty as a dressy watch.

4) Punt! Just keep the two. Who needs 3? Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks for any and all comments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Dienekes; January 8th, 2013 at 07:35.
    jah likes this.

Punt Go For 3?

You probably have your sights set on the transocean which would be a great choice for a Breitling fan.

Most people will suggest the Aqua Terra 8500 because it represents one of the best values in the mid tier luxury world (along side grand seiko).

You might not like formal dressy watches not care about movements but ANY JLC Master (ultra thin moon pref) would be a great way to spend your budget and join the horological elite at an entry level price.

Punt Go For 3?

Quote Originally Posted by waldoh View Post
    You probably have your sights set on the transocean which would be a great choice for a Breitling fan.

Most people will suggest the Aqua Terra 8500 because it represents one of the best values in the mid tier luxury world (along side grand seiko).

You might not like formal dressy watches not care about movements but ANY JLC Master (ultra thin moon pref) would be a great way to spend your budget and join the horological elite at an entry level price.
    Thanks Waldoh. I think the Aqua Terra is the safe choice for sure. It's a very versatile piece. I'd love a JLC Ultra Thin but just don't think I would wear it on a consistent basis. Beautiful watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Punt Go For 3?

I think you're on to something with that Memovox...

jre

I'm not a Breitling fan per say, but your SOH is really nice! Pick up a Speedy and call it good!

you don't like blue dial watches? I think you miss some color. That will give you a diverse. If not, I do love the Memovox.

Name:  hp-omega-aqua-terra.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  rolex-yacht-master-16622-blue-dial-baselworld-2012.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  120.9 KB

how about green?

Name:  8231344716_3ed5f2a8db_b.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  524.1 KB
    Name:  8034052289_b25b3f3751_b.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  422.1 KB
    Last edited by wuyeah; January 8th, 2013 at 10:52.
    jt67 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post

I'm not a movement snob in any way but will certainly consider in house if I like the watch. I'm thinking a last resort max budget of $7k, though its not about the price as much as getting the right one. Ideally 1 diver, 1 chrono, and 1 dressier watch. Formal dress watches are not my style nor are smallish <40 mm watches.

Here are my thoughts
    1) Pick up a Breitling Transocean (3 hander), Omega Aqua Terra, or maybe a JLC Memovox

You are right a ''dress'' watch would balance your collection. I really like all your choices in option 1, leaning to JLC as a potential higher level brand in your stable. But if you dont particularly like formal dress watches then Wuyeah's suggestions are good as sporty watches that would pass in a formal setting.

Punt Go For 3?

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    I'm not a Breitling fan per say, but your SOH is really nice! Pick up a Speedy and call it good!
    Thanks. The SOH is my favorite and a keeper. I'm not sure if adding another chrono is the answer though. I know the Speedy is a forum favorite but I'm not particularly fond of it.

Punt Go For 3?

Quote Originally Posted by wuyeah View Post
    you don't like blue dial watches? I think you miss some color. That will give you a diverse. If not, I do love the Memovox.

Name:  hp-omega-aqua-terra.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  rolex-yacht-master-16622-blue-dial-baselworld-2012.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  120.9 KB

how about green?

Name:  8231344716_3ed5f2a8db_b.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  524.1 KB
    Name:  8034052289_b25b3f3751_b.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  422.1 KB
    I like blue, more so on that Omega! Not much of a Rolex kind of guy I'm afraid. Green is cool but I'm not going there this time. Thanks
    Last edited by Dienekes; January 8th, 2013 at 16:34.

I'd go with option 3:

3) Sell the Super Avenger and buy a Breitling Transocean Chrono which can run double duty as a dressy watch.

Then you can always save up for a third watch for maximum versatility. I'm trying to go for a three watch rotation myself and it's hard to choose. I sold a Pan Europ because I felt the Monaco was already a sporty/vintage chrono. Now I'm wonder if I should sell the Planet Ocean because it's such a great all around watch that I wonder if I would be happier with something dressy and something tough.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information