Purchase and sell watches on ebay?

Thread: Purchase and sell watches on ebay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchase and sell watches on ebay?

I wanted to know how many people "buy" watches or "sell" watches on ebay.

I bought a couple of watches from ebay and I have been satisfied with my purchases.

The new ebay rules and rising fees frighten me. When you sell a watch you have to ship it and paypal holds your funds...

Are there any current or retired watch sellers or buyers here? If so what are your experiences with the big "E" right now?

Re: Purchase and sell watches on ebay?

Got to admit I am very hesitant about the bay. I only ever buy something of a value no greater than what I am willing to lose.
    JD
    Current rotation

More than last year less than next year, consolidation not withstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Got to admit I am very hesitant about the bay. I only ever buy something of a value no greater than what I am willing to lose.
    I have gotten some good deals on electronics there like laptops and things.

But as far as watches. I heard they have alot of replicas floating around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

V8

So far paypal has not held any funds for the items I have sold, being a memeber for over 10 years may have something to do with it. A friend of mine does have his funds held but he has less than 75 feedback, I have over 400.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

I've done very well on eBay. Most of my collection comes from them. The rest have come from watch forums. So far I'm only disappointed with one purchase but it is what the seller represented it to be.

A bit of judgment is called for. Buy from a highly rated seller with a lot of history and know what you're buying. It will work.
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Quote Originally Posted by tbalaban View Post
    I've done very well on eBay. Most of my collection comes from them. The rest have come from watch forums. So far I'm only disappointed with one purchase but it is what the seller represented it to be.

A bit of judgment is called for. Buy from a highly rated seller with a lot of history and know what you're buying. It will work.
    Short, sweet and perfect advice.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

A high rating means almost nothing nowadays. People who get ripped off are often offered "deals" to lose their negative feedback.

Post the watch pics on here, don't buy from someone selling with manufacture photos.

I used to use Ebay quite a bit, but the fees have really gotten outrageous. If the fees were used to improve the site, and screen out the frauds, that would be one thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tom10167 View Post
    A high rating means almost nothing nowadays. People who get ripped off are often offered "deals" to lose their negative feedback.

Post the watch pics on here, don't buy from someone selling with manufacture photos.
    It all depends on your paranoia level I suppose.
    My wife and I have bought and sold hundreds of things on ebay and never been burnt.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Positive on both sides of the fence for me so far. Funds have not been held, but may have to do with feedback score as a seller.
    Better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information