Purchasing from Aus

Thread: Purchasing from Aus

Purchasing from Aus

Looking for any info on duty/tariff when buying from Australia shipping to the US , does anyone have any info?

Re: Purchasing from Aus

Items shipped overseas by a registered Australian business will be GST and duty free ex Australia; you will have to pay local US/state duties at your end.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyjoe66 View Post
    Looking for any info on duty/tariff when buying from Australia shipping to the US , does anyone have any info?
    Hi krazyjoe66,

As far as i know, US Customs may charge you a duty/tariff based on the value breakdown of the watch as per the following:

Movement: Flat fee USD $1.53
    Case: 4.2 %
    Bracelet: 9.8 %

The above is calculated from the "value breakdown" sheet that i send with every watch. Based on the above calculations, it should come in at less than USD $30.00 for the Valkyrie for example.

It also depends which freight carrier is used. For example, Fedex will almost always charge duties once landed at the destination, whereas sent by local post office service may not be subjected to customs charges at all.

Perhaps, some of my existing customers of the USA can chime in here and let you know how much they paid (or they can PM you with the details).

All countries, of course, have their different calculations and it would be prudent to call your local customs to find out.

Regards,

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Kremke; January 7th, 2009 at 16:40.

Ian Kremke

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry for the late feedback ...About a week after my Valkyrie arrived I got an invoice from Federal Express for duties and processing for $43.28.

I was told by a forum member that he was charged about $60.00 USD for his purchase as well.

yeah again thats not unique to KREMKE per se- same from any brand/company sending you anyhting from overseas- some do pay but they have included that in the price I assure you :) rather have price stay fair myelf

Thread Information