Quartz or Mechanical
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Quartz or Mechanical

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quartz or Mechanical

Its probably something that come up a lot but id like some opinions and views for my blog.
    Lets keep this pleasent. Thanks
    JT
    Using Tapatalk

Re: Quartz or Mechanical

Quote Originally Posted by jaket View Post
    Its probably something that come up a lot but id like some opinions and views for my blog.
    Lets keep this pleasent. Thanks
    JT
    Is that possible?.......I am 54 yrs old and have yet to slap a quartz watch on my wrist. will I get a shock from the battery?..

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Fire View Post
    Is that possible?.......I am 54 yrs old and have yet to slap a quartz watch on my wrist. will I get a shock from the battery?..
    Hahaha its very nice to hear that some stick to mechanical and have since day dot. Being 54, your in a totally different generation to myself. Im 23 and havent yet put on a quartz watch on fulltime. Although when major companies like Samsung bring out the "gear" it plants a seed in ones mind. I won't ever get one but with technology like it is, are these watches the future? They definitely made an impact in the late 70's.
    Using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

I have a couple mechanicals and two quartz watches, both are great. The mechanicals' are a lot more interesting but service costs force me to keep my inventory of mechanicals low. My quartz TUNA is worry free, no service costs to worry about, keeps perfect time, definitely serves its purpose.
    liwang22 likes this.

Tuna is a strong argument for quartz. Great watch. I'm wearing it right now. I have records and digital recordings. Vinyl is warm. So, yes, I love autos too.
    AlexB24 likes this.

Inactive

I prefer mechanical, but quartz has its place. A little of everything for me.

Banned

Not sure I'll say much that differs from others opions but here goes.

Quartz: I like quartz. No worries, (better) shock resistance. If you rotate through watches, it's nice to just grab and go. Not setting the time/winding. It's almost a relief when I grab my Tuna or an Eco-Drive and don't have to wind or set the time. Accuracy is nice too! The whole "powered by light" is cool as far as the Eco-Drive goes. When I hang my hand out the car window, it makes me feel like I'm charging it.... well I am. But it's just a good feeling :D However, quartz can a times be boring. Tick, tick, tick... boring to watch, boring to look at (the movement itself). Just kinda boring. But I do enjoy my quartz watches.

Mechanical/Automatic: Love them. Most of my watches are auto's. It's amazing how many people don't realize what an auto watch even is, despite being around forever. Anytime I talk about watches with somebody who doesn't know anything about them is amazed when I show them even one of my Seiko 7S26 movements through the clear case-back. It winds simply by movement, and that's amazing to them. It's nice, no batteries to worry about. However, you need to worry about service. Still though, they're more fun and enjoyable, I think. The smooth second hand, the watch beating away, almost makes it seem like it's alive. It's like a tiny little machine that you're wearing. Looks simple enough sitting there on your wrist, until you imagine what's going on inside, such a complexity of tiny gears. Plus, not many people wear mechanical/automatic watches these days. They just make me feel good to wear.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information