Quartz watch, sapphire crystal, clean like a Stowa

Thread: Quartz watch, sapphire crystal, clean like a Stowa

Quartz watch, sapphire crystal, clean like a Stowa

Hi! Been reading here for a while; learned a lot; this is my first post. I want to see if you guys have some ideas for me.

I've got a small collection of relatively inexpensive watches - some automatic Bulovas, an automatic Tissot Le Locle that wasn't pricy but I like it very much, and a quartz higher-end Victorinox Swiss Army with sapphire crystal.

Although I love mechanical watches, and I concede that they are art+history=awesome, I also have concerns about the continuing price of maintenance on mechanical watches over time. I'm not wealthy; if I buy a mechanical even for a low $695 am I into a $200 maintenance every three or five years?

My Victorinox was my most recent purchase, and I've found I like it WAY more than I thought I would. Hmm... quartz not so bad! So, I'm wondering what's out there in a nice quartz - I want for sure to have sapphire crystal, because I seem to scratch my mineral crystal watches and it just looks better to me, and I'm looking for something with a clean design, like a Stowa (and yes, I'd love to drop $1200 on the Stowa but I can't afford it!

I saw some Zeppelin watches that advertized a "five jewel Swiss movement" but I think they have mineral crystal.. except they are in the $250 zone which makes them more attractive to mel. And I do like the designs very much... I guess I am leaning toward them a bit. Folks on this forum seem to think they are of sufficient quality compared to price that they are an ok purchase.

So: any watches out there anybody thinks would fit the bill? Let's say my parameters are (1) looking somewhat like the Stowa (2) sapphire crystal and (3) under $800 (or less would be great). I'd love to see pictures and get opinions!

Re: Quartz watch, sapphire crystal, clean like a Stowa

You might want to check out the M-Chronograph series from Lum-Tec Lum Tec, LLC

Of course, the dial layout is not really that "clean" due to it being a chronograph, but as far as chronographs go they are extremely legible.

Plus, you will get a watch that is well built in small batches from a small American company which is passionate about their watches and customers. And I think you get free battery replacement for life on their quartz models, which should appeal to you as far as upkeep goes- I have heard only great feedback about this company from a customer support point of view.

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for design-wise, but worth looking into

Thanks for the info - they are very nice! I'm not sure they are quite "it" though... but now of course they are on the possible list!

I did a lot of looking, now I'm leaning toward the Botta Uno - that's a clean design! Pretty affordable in quartz, too.

Rufus Lin Designs.::.German watches.::.BOTTA "UNO" Quartz 40mm White face, Leather strap

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That watch definitely looks clean to me. It is a little unique, which is a plus (if it does not bother you not having minute/ seconds hands). Sapphire crystal, ultra-clean design, and reasonable price. I'd say go for it if you like it. :D

Thread Information