WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Question about amazon offering.

245 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  OvrSteer 
#1 ·
Hi

I've been watching this Seiko ASIN: B00LTLT2NK (I'm new here can't post links) on amazon and now its out of stock, it was offered for $99 and now sellers start from $165

I also found this one ASIN: B00OWS5PMO but I'm not sure if it is the same watch and especially concerned about the quality of the bracelet because some reviews mentioned it.

can anybody help me, should I buy this ASIN: B00OWS5PMO or is it worth it to pay $65 more for ASIN: B00LTLT2NK seller? are there red flags I'm missing?

Sorry for my English

It would be even better if you give suggestions for watched that look like it or links to other stores that have this watch in store

Many Thanks!

#2 ·
Reactions: brandon\
#5 ·
And I'm far from a Seiko expert. There are plenty of people who know a LOT more than I do ;-)

If you need serious help, the Seiko forum is here: Seiko & Citizen

Most people will prefer to deal with Seiko model numbers than Amazon's product number. The Seiko model numbers can be decoded easily for people who know the pattern.

#4 ·
Amazon descriptions are often wrong.

The SKS419 is the blue dial chronograph on a stainless steel bracelet. The SKS429 should be a black dial version of the chronograph on a black leather strap.

The problem is that the model number on the cheaper watch does not match the picture. There is a chance that the vendor would sell you the blue dial watch, but a small chance that they might send the black dial because it matches the model number.

I don't really recommend either. They use the 4T57 caliber movement, which is usually found in Lorus, Pulsar, etc.-- Seiko's low end brands. In this watch, the center seconds hand ticks and the chronograph seconds hand is on a small sub-dial. For a "real" chronograph, it should be opposite. The seconds hand for timing with the chronograph should be the large, central hand and the regular (running) seconds indicator should be on a subdial.

For watches at a similar price with a movement that is more "traditional" using the central seconds for timing, look at the Seiko models that start with "SND". There are hundreds of choices and the price should be similar.

Also be aware that Seiko bracelets at the ~$100 price point are often poor quality. Some are fine, but you have to check each individual model. If the bracelet has folded links or the clasp lacks a fold-over those are bad indications.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.