Question about Christopher Ward C5

Thread: Question about Christopher Ward C5

Question about Christopher Ward C5

I was looking around for a good dressy/everyday watch and stumbled upon the Christopher Ward C5 Battle of Britain Limited edition:

I love the size (38mm), the look, the cream dial, and of course the price. But I am not British nor do I know a lot about the Battle of Britain. So I started looking for a normal version of C5, without the Battle of Britain logo. Turns out the other C5 Malvern Automatic MK2s are different. They have no numbers on the dial and there is no cream colour. So I want to ask if there was the previous version of the C5 with the exact same dimensions and design as the limited edition, without the Battle of Britain connection? If so, where can I get it?

As a side question, I want to know if Christopher Ward is sold in shops in London, and if they are, is it cheaper to buy in the shop or order online?

Re: Question about Christopher Ward C5

Quote Originally Posted by aquadog View Post
    I was looking around for a good dressy/everyday watch and stumbled upon the Christopher Ward C5 Battle of Britain Limited edition:

I love the size (38mm), the look, the cream dial, and of course the price. But I am not British nor do I know a lot about the Battle of Britain. So I started looking for a normal version of C5, without the Battle of Britain logo. Turns out the other C5 Malvern Automatic MK2s are different. They have no numbers on the dial and there is no cream colour. So I want to ask if there was the previous version of the C5 with the exact same dimensions and design as the limited edition, without the Battle of Britain connection? If so, where can I get it?

As a side question, I want to know if Christopher Ward is sold in shops in London, and if they are, is it cheaper to buy in the shop or order online?
    In answer...No ,the C-5 Battle of Britain was only made as you see it. No other C-5 has that color or numbers on the dial...CW is only purchased from
    CW website,that allows them to keep the price quite reasonable for what you get.

Last edited by tss88; March 25th, 2013 at 18:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

But that's a 44mm,tss88.....He wants a 38mm.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    But that's a 44mm,tss88.....He wants a 38mm.

Wrong. Those are the C5 Mk II and MK I. Both are discontinued and only available used.
    Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rick View Post
    Wrong. Those are the C5 Mk II and MK I. Both are discontinued and only available used.
    Darn ... they sure look nice ... 44mm is way too big !!! The "Battle of Britain" is very cool; I'm not an Anglophile but they were our Brothers in WWII & WWI
    I could warm up to it very easily ... Well I tried !!!

Buy a CW watch, you will not be disappointed.
    My watches on Instagram @jonmac1965

Quote Originally Posted by tss88 View Post
    These two are exactly what I want...38mm, display back...why did they have to discontinue them? Ahhhh

Thread Information