A question about eBay sellers in general

Thread: A question about eBay sellers in general

A question about eBay sellers in general

Well, two questions I suppose. I recently found a G-Shock MTG910DA on eBay. The seller has quite good feedback, and though I could find little on here about them, what I did find was good. I was curious about the coloring of the actual watch they had for sale, as the pics included were at least partially stock photos(I think...I could be wrong, I saw the exact same photo in another persons sale, but maybe they snatched it from my seller) and sent them an email expressing interest and included a question about the coloring of the specific watch they were selling. You see there are several variations on this G-Shock and two of the mare very similar. A matter of dark grey vs black, and a blue G vs a subdued looking G on the bottom of the face.

I looked around myself and I have seen the model number MTG910DA-1v attached to both versions and I do not know which is which. At any rate, I got a response back quite quickly, but it consisted of pretty much "go type the moidel number into Google and you can see loads of pics and get a bunch of information on the watch". As I have already done so, this was of no help. I also noticed that they raised the price of the watch by $10.

So, I am just curious. Would this bother anyone? Should this affect my buying from them? Is it indicative of what I may or may not deal with if I had to return the watch or exchange it? I'm not sure how I feel, really. They may have been trying to help and thought they answered my question. On the other hand, they may have just couldn't be bothered with me and fobbed me off with a go look at other photos of the watch message.

What do you think?

Re: A question about eBay sellers in general

If I ask a seller a question and all I get is "go to the "manufacturer" website then they don't get my business.

It took them just as long to tell you to go away as it would have to answer your question so they don't know or don't care.

It's hard to say for sure what they meant, but as a general rule I don't buy from sellers that seem overly standoffish or are unwilling to answer basic questions. I see that as an indicator for how they would be if there did happen to be an issue with the item.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

hi

I agree with jcs214, if they are being stand offish when they want your business, what are they going to be like if you have a problem ?

Personally If i don't like them or the impression they give then, they don't get my money....end of story!

Go with your gut feeling, im sure there are other places that you can get this watch
    Last edited by Sheena098; January 3rd, 2013 at 00:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Lizard View Post
    Well, two questions I suppose. I recently found a G-Shock MTG910DA on eBay. The seller has quite good feedback, and though I could find little on here about them, what I did find was good. I was curious about the coloring of the actual watch they had for sale, as the pics included were at least partially stock photos(I think...I could be wrong, I saw the exact same photo in another persons sale, but maybe they snatched it from my seller) and sent them an email expressing interest and included a question about the coloring of the specific watch they were selling. You see there are several variations on this G-Shock and two of the mare very similar. A matter of dark grey vs black, and a blue G vs a subdued looking G on the bottom of the face.

I looked around myself and I have seen the model number MTG910DA-1v attached to both versions and I do not know which is which. At any rate, I got a response back quite quickly, but it consisted of pretty much "go type the moidel number into Google and you can see loads of pics and get a bunch of information on the watch". As I have already done so, this was of no help. I also noticed that they raised the price of the watch by $10.

So, I am just curious. Would this bother anyone? Should this affect my buying from them? Is it indicative of what I may or may not deal with if I had to return the watch or exchange it? I'm not sure how I feel, really. They may have been trying to help and thought they answered my question. On the other hand, they may have just couldn't be bothered with me and fobbed me off with a go look at other photos of the watch message.

What do you think?
    I'm not sure I see a problem of any consequence here. My rule of thumb is to ask specific questions before buying and if the answers are not sufficient to just move on and find a responsive seller. Some people have a problem communicating and others are being deceptive. Those are inexpensive watches and you will find someone to answer your questions.

I think the MTG910DA-1V is discontinued, and the cheapest I have found is this guy at $160. From there they range from $200 to about $400. I am not particularly well funded and even $159 is not exactly inexpensive for me and it is not an easy watch to get, at least for me. I have emailed them again and I suppose I will decide based on their response this time. Thanks for the input peoples!

Banned

a member did that to me here.... I asked for more details and told me to go to google or go to his post to look at the pics... needless to say i didn't even bother pursuing... the other thing that also turned me off immediately was that his message sounded as if he had written in another language and google translated, you know what i mean that "word for word" translation that doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Lizard View Post
    I think the MTG910DA-1V is discontinued, and the cheapest I have found is this guy at $160. From there they range from $200 to about $400. I am not particularly well funded and even $159 is not exactly inexpensive for me and it is not an easy watch to get, at least for me. I have emailed them again and I suppose I will decide based on their response this time. Thanks for the input peoples!
    There can sometimes be greater risk when you go with the lowest price seller.

Thread Information