Question about my invicta pro diver 8926
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Question about my invicta pro diver 8926

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about my invicta pro diver 8926

Hey all,

I have an invicta prodiver that I have been having some probelms with. I purchased the watch new last year and after a month the watch completely quit working. I sent it back to invicta for warranty repair. 3 months later I got it back and it just didnt seem like they repaired it correctly. It worked ok for a while but I think the power reserve is supposed to be 40 hrs or so. If i wear it all day, it will stop working after about 4 hours. I may be lucky if it will make it through the night still running the next day. But, when it came back from the factory, it seems like the rotor is to tight. it doesnt rotate smoothly. My watch winder cant even keep the watch wound. Its like the rotor gets stuck, almost like the screwed the rotor down to tight or the back casing is to tight and is pushing down on the rotor. And the most recent thing that has started with in in the past couple months, it will start running fast. After about 2-3 hours, it is 20 min fast. I have to set it back about every 2-3 hours. Any ideas what is going on with it? It is the NH25A movement in it.

thanks for your help

Jeff

Re: Question about my invicta pro diver 8926

I guess it's that time again.
    fatehbajwa, Donf and 124Spider like this.

Welcome....Look up above, on right side....Advanced Search.....Then you can learn all you need to know
    about Invicta....Hate to tell you....But you got exactly what you paid for.....Next time ask here b/4 you buy.
    Good luck.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i purchased the watch because it looked like my submariner Rolex....i wear this watch to work. I know it is not the greatest watch...im just curious what is going on with it and why its doing what its doing. Im trying to learn more about how the internals work. I want to find a tool to take the back apart and take me movement apart. Im just not sure where I can get watch tools from

OK....Google watchmaker supplies....Offrei is one... Esslinger is the one I use .Couple more listed on the net...Good luck.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Don't waste any more time on warranty repairs. They will end up costing you more in the long run. Honestly, a $15 Timex is a better investment and if you want a good diver, get a Seiko, Orient, Momentum, or other reputable brand (lots of reviews on this site).

This seems to be par for the course when it comes to Invicta's QC. As for taking your movement apart, unless you've got some training working on automatic movements, you're far more likely to make things worse. If you really like the watch, you can always have the movement replaced by a local watchmaker.

In the long run, for better or worse, it may be less expensive to buy another one.
    Totoro66 likes this.
    It is right that the world should illustrate the full nature of the infinite and not merely the particular ideals of man - Spinoza

Invictas can be perfectly good watches if they don't break, but their CS and warranty service is notoriously terrible (essentially non-existent). The good news about that, however, is that it's possible your watch needs only a relatively simple repair. You won't know until you have a watchmaker look at it, though. As bluloo notes, don't attempt to fix it yourself -- you are basically guaranteed to ruin the watch.

I'm curious - why wouldn't you wear your Rolex to work? Rolexes are made to be "work" watches and the Sub is very durable.
    As my mechanic used to say, "Use the right tool for the job and you will have superior results, use the wrong tool and you'll end up doing it over". You used the wrong tool (watch)
    BGPT23 likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The first thing I would check is if the movement has been magnetized, since gaining 20 minutes in 3 hours is not normal, even for an Invicta.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information