Question about Orbita Sparta Mini winder

Thread: Question about Orbita Sparta Mini winder

Question about Orbita Sparta Mini winder

I looked around and couldn't see any other forums addressing specific winders, so I thought this would be the best place.

Anyway, I'm considering the Orbita Sparta Mini single-watch winder, but there's something I'm not sure about. More expensive winders have adjustments to allow different turns-per-day (TBD) settings. As far as I can see, the Mini doesn't allow this. Am I correct in this assumption?

http://ablogtoread.com/watch-winders...winder-review/

This review doesn't say anything about TBD. Obviously, the pendulum-like spinning can't be adjusted, but the frequency the winder rotates the watch can. Is this setting adjustable? If not, about how many TBD does the winder provide?
    My Collection:
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5600-1CR
    Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay 5J21-0A10
    Seiko SKX031
    Seiko blue Atlas SKZ209
    Seiko Spirit GMT SBQJ015
    Seiko SKX781 Orange Monster
    Seiko SCVF001 titanium diver
    Seiko SBDX001 Marinemaster 300M
    Grand Seiko GMT SBGM027
    Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Rolex Submariner-date 16610
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Stowa Flieger Original 1
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa Marine 6425
    Tudor Pelagos 1
    Tudor Heritage Chrono

Re: Question about Orbita Sparta Mini winder

I have the Sparta Mini and there is no adjustment for TPD. It only has an on/off switch. I've owned it for a couple of months now and it has kept watches I've put on it running. The swinging mechanism of this winder seems pretty effective and elegant to me.
    Current Collection (reverse order of acquisition):
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

Do you have an idea of roughly how many TBD this mechanism provides? I mean, the Orbita website has a whole section dedicated to individual watches and movements and how many TBD they require, but then they have this winder that doesn't really fit into that equation.
    My Collection:
    Seiko SKX031
    Seiko blue Atlas SKZ209
    Seiko Spirit GMT SBQJ015
    Grand Seiko GMT SBGM027
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Stowa Flieger Original 1
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa Marine 6425
    Tudor Pelagos 1
    Tudor Heritage Chrono

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInLA View Post
    Do you have an idea of roughly how many TBD this mechanism provides? I mean, the Orbita website has a whole section dedicated to individual watches and movements and how many TBD they require, but then they have this winder that doesn't really fit into that equation.
    I have no idea about its TBD. The watch actually doesn't do a full rotation on this winder, so it's hard to estimate. It at most does a 60% rotation as it swings from side to side until the momentum is used up and it comes to a rest. Basically it should keep the watch wound as well as your arm would, since it does the swing approximately every 10 minutes. I do think if the watch is too heavy (I'm talking over 250g like a Benarus Megalodon), it doesn't wind it up much because the momentum dies down after like 5-10 swings as opposed to 20+ swings for a more normal sized watch.
    BREITLING Galactic 41|PROMETHEUS Poseidon|BULOVA Moonwatch|SEIKO Tuna SBBN033|BREITLING SO Abyss|SEIKO Pepsi Turtle-X|GRUPPO GAMMA Vanguard|OMEGA PO 8500|ORIS BC4-DM|JEANRICHARD Terrascope|JEANRICHARD Aeroscope|PERPETUAL T-04|BENARUS Moray Vintage|PANERAI 560|LONGINES Heritage 1973|SWATCH Sistem 51|TUDOR Black Bay|BENARUS Moray 42|Ocean7 LM-7PVD|STOWA Antea KS|SEIKO GS SBGR051|G-Shock GS1050B|G-Shock GW7900RD-4|SEIKO SDGA001 EPD|PANERAI 312|BALL EMII DLC|BREITLING Airwolf (circa 2009)|BATHYS HAWAII AquaCulture Rose Ti|SEIKO Ananta SD GMT|BREITLING SuperOcean(circa 2007)|G-Shock Riseman|SEA-GULL M185SP|ORIS F1 Chrono '08

Have you checked the Orbita site for specs?

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

Mine won't keep any of my Seikos wound. It's gathering dust. Can't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Pete View Post
    Mine won't keep any of my Seikos wound. It's gathering dust. Can't recommend it.
    Really? What Seiko models do you have? Seikos have some of the more efficient winding mechanisms, and mine has kept my Seiko Sumo wound up just fine. I've also tried an Orient with a power reserve (I think it has a similar winding mechanism as Seiko) and I think it gained about 10-15 hours during an 8 hour winding period.

Ugh. I'd be getting a winder specifically for a Seiko 4S15 watch. I don't really need a winder for any other watch, but the crown tube threading is getting a little worn on my Seiko and I don't want to have to frequently screw and unscrew the crown each time I want to handwind or set it.
    My Collection:
    Seiko SKX031
    Seiko blue Atlas SKZ209
    Seiko Spirit GMT SBQJ015
    Grand Seiko GMT SBGM027
    Rolex Explorer I 114270
    Stowa Flieger Original 1
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa Marine 6425
    Tudor Pelagos 1
    Tudor Heritage Chrono

My SPB001 has a PR function; when on the winder, this shows loss of power at about 50% of the rate if the watch is simply sitting idle.

Essentially this meant that for the short period I used the winder, I had to remove the watch to hand wind it every two days or so (rather than every day or so if it's just sitting on the shelf) in order to keep the PR up to snuff.

On the wrist, the PR stays at 100% regardless of what I'm doing, so I don't think it's a problem with the watch's winding system.

Might work for a smaller/lighter watch though, the Premier is pretty big and heavy.

My SPB001 has a PR function; when on the winder, this shows loss of power at about 50% of the rate if the watch is simply sitting idle.

Essentially this meant that for the short period I used the winder, I had to remove the watch to hand wind it every two days or so (rather than every day or so if it's just sitting on the shelf) in order to keep the PR up to snuff.

On the wrist, the PR stays at 100% regardless of what I'm doing, so I don't think it's a problem with the watch's winding system.

Might work for a smaller/lighter watch though, the Premier is pretty big and heavy.
    I don't know how big the Premier is, but it makes sense if the watch is pretty heavy. I tried a really heavy watch on it (close to 1/2 lbs) and the winder only swings maybe 5-10 times before coming to a stop. That's definitely not going to be enough to keep the watch going. But as I've mentioned, the Sumo works fine on it. That's probably the biggest/heaviest watch I'd put on this winder.

Thread Information