Question about a private purchase of AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By black watch

Thread: Question about a private purchase of AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM

Question about a private purchase of AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM

Found an ad for a... AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM 231.10.42.21.03.003

Long story short... Owner stated it was purchased in India 307000RS = $4667 with a international warranty and certification and is willing to meet at Omega to verify authenticity. Watch was purchased within the last 6months and was wondering if any of this sounds fishy to wathuseek members, things to look out for, and any other helpful information. Originally i offered $4k thinking the item was purchased state side.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.omegawatches.com/fileadmi...0422103003.png

Re: Question about a private purchase of AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM

If you're meeting at Omega and they're going to check out the watch, what are you worried about? They will tell you if there's anything wrong. No-one here can tell you if there's anything fishy or wrong with the watch, especially as you link to a stock picture.

But quite honestly if you use some common sense, the guy is willing to meet at Omega.....he'd be pretty stupid to try and cheat you (not that he couldn't be stupid, but you don't need to buy the watch if there's anything wrong).

Re: Question about a private purchase of AQUA TERRA 150 M OMEGA MASTER CO-AXIAL 41.5 MM

Assuming the watch is real and in good condition that's -IN MY OPINION - too much for a used Aqua Terra. I'd certainly want the warranty situation checked out and have evidence that Omega will honor the remainder of the warranty (nearly all of it). Otherwise I'd hit the street and see how close I could come. GM price for that watch is mid 4000 and some ADs will still discount them if you haggle well.

I personally would rather spend 6 or 7 hundred and get a new off the shelf piece than a watch from India that I was in the least worried about. If he comes down to below 3500 I'd be more inclined to pick it up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Might want to have a friend(s) go with you or make sure to park in a high visibility area. Who’s to say you meet at the Omega store, he brings a poor condition Omega,
    you pass (he knows you’re going to pass), also knows you have lots of money on you & robs you at your car, or phones an accomplice to rob you at your car, while he shops on camera.
    Beware of strangers wanting to meet you to do big cash transactions, there are all kinds of ways to trip you up. Not saying everybody is a crook, but we live in a dangerous world.
    mleok and sebastian.ioan like this.

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

If you're going to meet at an Omega dealer and ask them to look at it, that should address all issues and concerns.

At that price, I'd just pay a bit more and get a new one, personally. But, yeah, if you really want this one, I'll just agree with all the advice above. In particular, make sure that you're not vulnerable to being robbed.[

second hand price on the AT8500 is nowhere near that. if you're going to get it used, might as well save a lot more. otherwise, you can get a brand new grey market in the united states for around that amount. i got mine for around $4000.

also, they wear big, so definitely consider the 38.5
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Thread Information