Question about rubber strap on Seiko Monster
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoctorC

Thread: Question about rubber strap on Seiko Monster

Question about rubber strap on Seiko Monster

Hello everyone, I need to ask how comfortable is the rubber strap that comes with a Seiko Monster and if anyone has wrist shots of Monster on a rubber strap? I usually don't like bracelets since they make me a little uncomfortable that's why I'm opting out for rubber. Anyone here who tried both the rubber and steel. What is more comfortable while in water and in daily use. Thank you I appreciate all your responses.

Re: Question about rubber strap on Seiko Monster

I have both rubber and steel and prefer the rubber for comfort. The monster is a great watch by the way. The seiko forum might get you more responses to this question as well.

I definitely prefer rubber, but I rarely prefer the bracelet on any watch. Only "dress" watches. I like rubber because it's lighter and sports a more rugged look that balances watches, while most watches on bracelets look too shiny and blingy and also not to mention get scratched up, while rubber seems to wear well. The Monster rubber is also softer than the SKX007/171 rubber.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like rubber better but I usually go to the watchprince sight and buy the Italian rubber

i usually go rubber, and the Seiko wave vent on the Monster is very comfortable.

that said, the Monster bracelet is the only one i consider comfortable.

I've got both, prefer the rubber or a NATO. The bracelet is kinda cheap. The watch is a dandy though.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    I've got both, prefer the rubber or a NATO. The bracelet is kinda cheap. The watch is a dandy though.
    I think that's the first time I've heard the Monster bracelet called "cheap". With the combination of brushed and polished, I've heard it called a "bit Blingy" but cheap? Being tapered with solid links, double flip - push button clasp, 4 micro adjustment holes, and a good thickness I think it's a pretty good band for the price.

I've tried mine on Silicone and Leather and keep ending up with the bracelet back on it.
    Emanon9046 likes this.
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

Thread Information