QUESTION ON A BRAND OF WATCH?

Thread: QUESTION ON A BRAND OF WATCH?

QUESTION ON A BRAND OF WATCH?

First, thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have a watch that I bought ten years ago at an auction and never wore it. I'm trying to get some information in regard to quality and value, plus any info on the history.

The watch is a:

BUCHERER CHRONOGRAPH SPLIT-TIME
    Swiss made - 27 Jewels
    Number on back of case: 251.920

Any info would really be appreciated.

Thank You!

Dave

Re: QUESTION ON A BRAND OF WATCH?

BUCHERER is a small Swiss brand that I believe still exist. As for value, you'll have to do a search on the auction sites as we're not allowed to attempt to give values on WUS.

Forum rules prohibit giving a valuation on a watch. Without seeing in person, it is impossible to determine the condition of a watch, or most anything else for that matter...

A quick internet search, which I can only assume you have already done, yields some information. It certainly seems like they are quality pieces, not certain if they are their own makes, or simply branded watches, their website shows some nice looking pieces to be certain.

The price you paid at auction should yield some clue as to value, if there is any reputable watch dealer in your area, I would think that a trip there would be useful.

Given the depth and breadth of knowledge on this site, I am guessing someone here can give you further information. Good luck!

Dan
    Last edited by Formerguide; February 20th, 2012 at 01:57.
    Current Collection:

Longines Master Collection Moonphase, Deep Blue World Diver 500M, Raymond Weil W1 Chronograph, Tissot PRS516 Chrono, Omega Seamaster 300, Citizen Skyhawk, Citizen Signature Automatic, Orient World Traveler GMT, Accutron VX-200, Citizen Eco Chrono BL5400-52A, Hamilton Cushion Chrono, Breitling Superocean Heritage 46, Orient Star GMT, Seiko Sportura Kinetic GMT

"It's a fake. And that's because all 'is my Patek a fake' posts contain only fake Pateks." quote, WUS member geoffbot

"... The minute a watch costs more than a well equipped Camry, I'd start feeling guilty about the purchase... " quote, WUS member LosTresGatos

"I think the only people who make rational decisions regarding watches are the people that do not post on watch forums." quote, WUS member digivandig

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The value of a watch is always relative to the amount a buyer is willing to spend. ;)

Evaluations based on photography are only exceeded in difficulty by evaluations performed from verbal descriptions.....in either case we can't assist you. Perhaps a completed eBay sale or contacting bucherer will be more fruitful.
    Best of luck and thread is closed.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Thread Information