Question for Nomos owners, ya' big lugs.
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Question for Nomos owners, ya' big lugs.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question for Nomos owners, ya' big lugs.

This is more about long term planning, but at some point I'm going to add one more 34mm/35mm (no bigger) dressier watch and Nomos' Orion & Ludwig would be two potential candidates. Here's the thing: I've got a 35mm X 42mm watch now and the length of the lugs is right at what I think my limit is. This makes it hard to imagine how I could get used to Nomos' lugs which are even longer...especially since the wrist shots I've seen appear to show them as relatively straight and extending to the edge of 6.5" / 6.75" wrists. If you've bought a Nomos did the lugs throw you at first, and if they did was it something you either did or didn't get used to?
    TheWalrus and sirepsyer like this.

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: Question for Nomos owners, ya' big lugs.

I can't comment with too much substance, since the only Nomos in the house is the short lugged tetra

But I'm responding and liking this based solely on the strength of the pun in the title.
    ljb187 and drhr like this.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

A 35/36mm Nomos will be fine on your 6.5" wrist. Since the watches are mostly all dial and no bezels they will look larger.

Here's a shot of the Tangente on my 6" wrist. My wrist is quite flat (48mm flat area).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The long lugs have caused me to pause as well and given the thin bezels I was thinking maybe the 33mm models wear more like your average 36mm watch?

I have 6.75" wrists and panicked when my first Nomo arrived and I saw the long lugs, but because the case height is minimal, it really wears well on my wrist.

Way better than I thought it would.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The Ludwig is fine on my 6.5 inch wrist, but you are right in questioning the lug length of Nomos watches. I had a Tangente Sport model which I loved the look of, everything I would ever want in a watch (sorry, no wrist pics of that one). Except was not ready for the signature Nomos lugs - with a 36.5 mm dial, I assumed it would wear just fine. I tried to make it work for actually quite awhile (given my history, especially then) but in the end, just couldn't stand to have it so wrist large (to me, it probably would've be fine to others) and reluctantly moved it out. Funny, it wasn't like it was wrapping around my wrist but just was a tad too long!
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

At first, I was worried about the lug lengths with Nomos as well. However, I actually enjoy their length. I have fairly large wrists (7.25" or so), so maybe I'm not one to comment much on their size. Also, I don't remember what it was like having the Orion or Ludwig on my wrist either, but I assume I didn't have a problem with their lug size (I was just looking for something a little more casual). I have the Club Automat Datum dunkel and I have no issues with it. The lugs look great and the whole watch feels even better.

Nomos?? Focus, LJB....Keep your eyes on the prize!
    ljb187 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Nomos?? Focus, LJB....Keep your eyes on the prize!
    Domo, you are a beacon in a sea of Google images. In my defense though, I did say long term...it's just that the concept of time in the world of watches is a pretty hard one to pin down. Huh. I'm pretty sure there was an opportunity for some philosophizin' in that last statement.

Also, that grey dial Self-Dater ain't half-bad, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Domo, you are a beacon in a sea of Google images. In my defense though, I did say long term...it's just that the concept of time in the world of watches is a pretty hard one to pin down. Huh. I'm pretty sure there was an opportunity for some philosophizin' in that last statement.

Also, that grey dial Self-Dater ain't half-bad, is it?

It's a meh from me....There's cheaper ways to get a 9F, and with a nicer dial too. And there's not enough dial text on it. Grand Seiko needs to use more dial text :P
    I do like the case back engraving on it though....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information