Question on quartz FO6 vs Rhonda 715Li

Thread: Question on quartz FO6 vs Rhonda 715Li

Question on quartz FO6 vs Rhonda 715Li

Hi all. What is the better quality and more durable movement of these two (all with date wheel if possible)? Are the materials (gears) used in the Rhoda 715Li steel? Also do they use jewls and how many? So far I have only be able to confirm the Marathon FO6 uses an all steel movement made in Switzerland. I think it has 3 jewels, but I'm not sure.

I noticed they are used in the following military watches. I am not sure if each brand has a different level of quality, even if the movements are the same, if that makes sense? Thanks in advance.

CWC 'GS' Saffire Military Field Quartz- Rhonda 715Li
    Marathon General Purpose Field (fiber shell & steel case) - F06 High Torque Quartz
    MWC 100m Field Watch - Rhonda 715Li Quartz

https://www.marathonwatch.com/collec...te-tritium-gpq

https://mwcwatches.com/collections/i...rew-down-crown
    'I think therefore I am' (Rene Descartes`, 1644)
    Think he meant, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it!'

I delve into the intricacies of horology, but the laymen
    just wills me to enunciate more clearly? I conclude in knowing he
    is genetically resistant, and that is why I come here!

lvt

Re: Question on quartz FO6 vs Rhonda 715Li

The 715li is a fully jeweled movement with a big battery, unless you have a right justification to use the other movement, I believe the 715li is better.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    The 715li is a fully jeweled movement with a big battery, unless you have a right justification to use the other movement, I believe the 715li is better.
    This is interesting, thanks. Do you know how many jewls and if the gears are steel or plastic?

In considering military field watches, do you kinow why Marathon watches (FO6) are so much more expensive than say a MWC (715Li)? That said I see CWC are using the 715Li on their CWC GS Saffire, which is not a cheap watch. Maybe the movements are not that expensive, but the case finishing and the brand name?

I have a MWC GTLS that has the 715Li. I have so far found it to be very accurate indeed. I have had no probelm with the date or battery. It is 8 years old. The 715Li battery life in this watch is said to be 10 years, so that equates to your note on the 'big battery' in the 715Li.
    'I think therefore I am' (Rene Descartes`, 1644)
    Think he meant, 'You can do anything if you put your mind to it!'

I delve into the intricacies of horology, but the laymen
    just wills me to enunciate more clearly? I conclude in knowing he
    is genetically resistant, and that is why I come here!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by Desert View Post
    This is interesting, thanks. Do you know how many jewls and if the gears are steel or plastic?
    The 715 movement usually has 5 jewels installed in most critical spots that are prone to wears. The wheels are mostly copper. The 715 is a serviceable movement (gears can be cleaned and oiled like any mechanical movement) while the steel version is considered "disposable" (you replace the whole movement instead of cleaning it).
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema