Question to you experts about the FP journe CB :)
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Question to you experts about the FP journe CB :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi Guys,
    Please can you give me your opinion about the Chronometre Bleu FP journe ? Is it a good watch regarding the value for money ? please explain you point of view.
    thank you :)
    Samy

Re: Question to you experts about the FP journe CB :)

It looks fantastic. Beyond that I can't tell you much. "Value for the money" is entirely subjective and there are dozens of threads on the topic.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

High End Forum for FPJ. Further down the long list of forum here....Good luck and good hunting...
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, it is good value for the money, reason: I like the look (although I love the look of the CS more) . . .
    Domo likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/dr...ne-981817.html
    That thread will give you just a teeny bit of insight into the watch, and it's true beauty.
    The grail:

FPJ CB is a very unique watch from both the case material and design perspective.
    It does have some pitfalls attributable to a small market watch.
    Here is a helpful Hodinkee vid comparing it vs other 2 heavyweights in that price range VCPT and ALS Saxonia.
    Three On Three: Comparing In-House, Manually-Wound Dress Watches Under $20,000 — HODINKEE
    My personal take that it is definitely a beautiful contender. Whether or not it's "the one" have to come down to personal preference.

Low production numbers, exclusivity, gorgeous solid gold movement, top notch finishing....there is certainly a lot to love about FPJ. Many watch enthusiasts believe they are a nice value for the money, in comparison with other watches in that price bracket. You would definitely get some better info by posting in the high end forum, some guys are really knowledgeable on FPJ and can tell you a great deal about the brand.
    Last edited by bar2020; April 4th, 2015 at 14:05.

Even though François-Paul Journe is not dead, his reincarnation lives in the High-end forum under the screen name Abukalb93. Go there!

High-end watches

And look here...

https://instagram.com/abukalb93
    drhr, Me116 and Wibbs like this.

I think the Chronometre Bleu is an extraordinary value insofar as high-end watches are concerned. While it is not cased in a precious metal, the cost of machining and finishing the case far exceeds that for a precious metal case, due to the strength of tantalum as compared to gold. Additionally, the dial is exceptionally difficult to manufacture, as it is very difficult to get a consistent color, and there is a very high rejection rate on the dial. The movement is made of gold, and is an absolute beauty. While it isn't the first high-end dress watch I would get, it is a wonderful addition to a diverse collection, and the durability of the case means that it can be worn regularly without fear of compromising its finish.
    mpalmer likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by bar2020 View Post
    Low production numbers, exclusivity, gorgeous solid gold movement, top notch finishing....there is certainly a lot to love about FPJ. Many watch enthusiasts believe they are a nice value for the money, in comparison to other watches in at price bracket. You would definitely get some better info by posting in the high end forum, some guys are really knowledgeable on FPJ and can tell you a great deal about the brand.
    This. ^^^

Also, the finish on the dial is extremely difficult to produce, and the case is made of tantalum, which is extremely difficult to work with. It may actually be the best value in watchmaking, when compared to similarly-priced watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information