Questions about Seagull M182SK Skeleton Watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ianmcb01

Thread: Questions about Seagull M182SK Skeleton Watch

Question Questions about Seagull M182SK Skeleton Watch

So I have recently come across the Seagull M182SK skeleton watch. I love the design and how everything is so visible. I have my eye on the model with the blue hands and black strap. I am considering this watch for purchase, but am struggling to find the legitimacy of many sources it is sold from. Here are some of the different sources I have found for purchase and their wide range of prices:

- Official Seagull site: $320 (Not the colors I want)
    - Long Island Watch: $259
    - Amazon (Sold by: HuangJia YaYAO, Listed by: Litianchuang): $133
    - Good-Stuffs: $129

I am hesitant to purchase from Amazon and Good-Stuffs because on the seagull website they say that there are fakes on these sites. I have heard conflicting views about this, but many believe they just don't want their watches being sold for so much cheaper and essentially stealing much of seagull's profit. Some of the specifications given on the Amazon site are conflicting with what I have read elsewhere. When asked about the band size HuangJia YaYAO responded that they were "22 cm." I am not sure if he meant "mm" here, but if he did I am pretty sure the M182SK's lug width is 20 mm anyway. The major thing warding me off from purchasing is the massive price range between these third-party sellers and the official. I would like to know if the Amazon and Good-Stuffs listings for this watch are legitimate sooner rather than later because there are only four left in stock on Amazon. I'd love to hear all of your opinions on the matter before I make a final purchase, as this is my first skeleton watch. Thanks!!!

Re: Questions about Seagull M182SK Skeleton Watch

There is one more thing I forgot to mention! The HuangJia YaYAO replied to a question asking if the watch was mineral or sapphire, and he responded that it was sapphire. I believe that in reality the watch has "Super Hardened Mineral Glass". This is just another inconsistency I found between listings. Thanks!
    BBCDoc likes this.

Welcome to Watchuseek. I'd recommend asking your question in the Chinese Mechanical Watch Forum (f72), here on WUS, as some people there will likely be familiar with that watch and with reputable sellers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright will do, thank you for the tip!

Buying from Sea Gull directly should obviously be safe. Long Island is a sponsor here and gives great service. Amazon has great customer service so if you got something you didn't like or thought was fake, just return it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thread Information