WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Quick introduction

462 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  blowfish89 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

My name is pat and I have a
healthy interest in watches. Been lurking for years now. Finally taking taking part. Hope that in the future be able to share the little I've learned or bookmarked for later as is so often the case with me.

I have a few quick question about buying from the private forum here. Is there a minimum post count or is parting with money far to easy? What are the accepted norm to contact a seller? Public or private correspondence? Skype sounds good but do people use it?

Thanks for reading
Pat

Reactions: E8ArmyDiver
#2 ·
Welcome.

Nothing to stop you buying, but be aware that sellers may not to deal with someone with no history here on the forum and no feedback from other members to back up that you are genuine.

Everyone's got to start somewhere, but please prepare yourself for the fact that some people will be hesitant to deal with a brand new member - if you can provide good feedback on eBay or similar that may help.

Best way to contact the seller is by PM. Click on the seller's name and select the Send a Private Message option.

#4 ·
@Bradjhomes thanks for the reply.

You see something you like. Now I have have to hope I can convey my commitment to buy. Thanks for the commonsense, I would be cautious too if the roles were reversed.

EBay might work, most of my purchases have been with auction houses. So there is a paper invoice as a reference. Do newbies do this or am I thinking out of the box?

@e8armydiver. Thanks for warm welcome. Do you have any newbie buying advice? What does the e8 stand for?

Thanks again
Pat

#5 ·
I have sold to new members and when doing so I asked them whether they had any positive references in eBay or other forums. If they have an eBay account they've let me know their username and I have been able to check their feedback on there, and also send them a message on there to confirm that the owner of the eBay account is the same person as is contacting me on here.

It still comes down to whether the seller feels confident in trusting you, but that's something you can do to help show you are genuine. Some people will not be willing to deal with newer members though, and they are within their rights to be selective in that way.

#12 ·
Tack Gunnar :)

Welcome

See, this is where we're gonna have problems. Most of us have very, very unhealthy interests in watches. Consider yourself warned...

;-)
As long as the missus doesn't issue the warning, I'm still game :))

Welcome Pat.
Cheers GlennO

Welcome aboard. Curious, what's kept you from joining?
Hard to say, most of the time watchuseek is so awesome, that when I'm looking for history references, images etc etc. The answered is in here somewhere. Also as I'm a relative newbie I have been to read.

welcome to the forum pet, best of wishes in here
Ta duck

Welcome Pat
Thanks NWP627

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.