• 3 Post By Timeless Luxury Watches
  • 1 Post By dantan
  • 1 Post By jaeiger
  • 1 Post By Toothbras

Thread: A Quick Tour of Bremont's Silverstone Facilities

Sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches's Avatar

A Quick Tour of Bremont's Silverstone Facilities

Our Tour of Bremont's Manufacturing Facilities in Silverstone

Bremont invited us to see their manufacturing facilities at Silverstone. Bremont currently separates its case manufacturing area and its headquarters, but they intend to one day merge the two. Due to Bremont's high-tech and high precision case manufacturing demands, it made sense to integrate their manufacturing arm near other similar facilities, namely manufacturers of high-performance car parts.

Here Bremont co-founder Giles English gives us a tour of the area where cases are made, in this instance from whole bars of 316L steel.

Here we can observe parts of the overall manufacturing process for the cases. The actual hardening of the case that Bremont is so known for is actually done offsite at the facility that also hardens Rolls Royce's jet engine blades. Outside of this, case manufacturing is done in-house.

The "Old Mug" of America's Cup.

The mainplate manufacturing for the BR-01 movement was particularly interesting, and shows Bremont's progress towards vertical integration.

As always we want to think Bremont for their hospitality! They were kind enough to invite us to watch America's Cup with them and now we get to be there not only for this tour, but for the launch of their new model, to be released in only minutes!

Last edited by Timeless Luxury Watches; June 29th, 2016 at 20:31.
    marcusp23, Armchair and John Price like this.

Re: A Quick Tour of Bremont's Silverstone Facilities

Very nice! Thank you very much for sharing! One sidepoint: the BR-01 movement (just the name of it) could cause confusion amongst people out there, who may confuse it for Bell & Ross!
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Thank you for sharing!
    While the whole in-house issue soured Bremont for me for awhile, a lot of the stuff they've been putting out makes me feel that they're just as passionate about their timepieces as other enthusiast brands like, say, Nomos, and just got a little too hyped up on their own product. It's good to see them put such effort into their cases; they get a lot of flack for using "stock" movements but a lot of R&D and QC cost clearly goes into the casework as well, which is just as important as a good movement for a well-functioning watch, I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sponsor Timeless Luxury Watches's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dantan View Post
    Very nice! Thank you very much for sharing! One sidepoint: the BR-01 movement (just the name of it) could cause confusion amongst people out there, who may confuse it for Bell & Ross!
    Yeah, it almost reminds me of the Breitling B01 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaeiger View Post
    Thank you for sharing!
    While the whole in-house issue soured Bremont for me for awhile, a lot of the stuff they've been putting out makes me feel that they're just as passionate about their timepieces as other enthusiast brands like, say, Nomos, and just got a little too hyped up on their own product. It's good to see them put such effort into their cases; they get a lot of flack for using "stock" movements but a lot of R&D and QC cost clearly goes into the casework as well, which is just as important as a good movement for a well-functioning watch, I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I think brands have to be viewed in their entirety. I'd have preferred it if that hadn't happened, but ultimately, you have to look at the watch and say: do I like it, and is it well made. And if the answer to those is yes, then it's still worth considering.

It's not the first (and won't be the last) time one of these issues pops up, like the infamous TAG/Seiko controversy, but I certainly understand how people feel.

Looks cool. Lots of nifty gadgets but you left out a pic of the infamous "rebranding" machine which is the cornerstone of their line
    avusblue likes this.

Thread Information