Quick Watch Dating Reference Tool - Help Finish It? (HTML help needed)

Thread: Quick Watch Dating Reference Tool - Help Finish It? (HTML help needed)

Quick Watch Dating Reference Tool - Help Finish It? (HTML help needed)

Last year i was working in the world of Pawn so I was seeing a lot of watches and pocketwatches. One thing cool about pocketwatches was being able to tell people what year they were made exactly so they could trace it in their family back to whoever probably owned the thing. But it was a pain because the information to date the watch based on serial numbers was strewn across a few different pages on the internet.

So I created www.datemywatch.com

I was easily able to write all the javascript for the pocketwatch side of things... I attempted to do the wrist watch side but with the inclusion of letters in the dating formula and many of the big players constantly changing their formula, I was never able to figure out a way to manage the database (I only know basic html).

Obviously I'm not making any money off of the site, but I'd like to finish the project. Anybody with any degree of skill who is passionate about watches like me wanna give me ideas how I can do this using simple HTML or Java?

Thanks!

Re: Quick Watch Dating Reference Tool - Help Finish It? (HTML help needed)

Thats an interesting project! Unfortunately I'm no techie so I cant give you any special advice or tips, but props for your venture, It's sure to be useful to many people, myself including!

Thread Information