Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story

Almost a year later...I'm guessing this one is as resolved as it's ever going to be.
    hanshananigan likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Hi all,

One more impulsive buyer here. Unfortunately I didn't get to research before buying, now left with remorse haha I bought from a decent seller, not a top one but enough not to be suspicious. And based on UK.

This one was sold as a Rado Voyager serviced by a professional (and probably refurbished), with an after market strap. Looks great, but similar issues as I found here on the forum. I know it is most likely at least a franken. I just would be glad to get some opinions on whether it looks just re-dialed or most probably a fake. I can still return, but shipping back from here would cost me 1/3 of the watch price, not sure what to do :D

Name:  20150330_202218.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  2.66 MB
    Name:  20150330_204124.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  2.77 MB

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by breinaldo View Post
    Hi all,

One more impulsive buyer here. Unfortunately I didn't get to research before buying, now left with remorse haha I bought from a decent seller, not a top one but enough not to be suspicious. And based on UK.

This one was sold as a Rado Voyager serviced by a professional (and probably refurbished), with an after market strap. Looks great, but similar issues as I found here on the forum. I know it is most likely at least a franken. I just would be glad to get some opinions on whether it looks just re-dialed or most probably a fake. I can still return, but shipping back from here would cost me 1/3 of the watch price, not sure what to do :D

Name:  20150330_202218.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  2.66 MB
    Name:  20150330_204124.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  2.77 MB

Thanks!!
    Sorry, here goes. Non Rado day/date frame, non-Rado day/date wheel, incorrect hands, not the correct movement, non-Rado case and case back, the markers look wrong, and last but not least the anchor should not be gold on a stainless watch.

I feel reasonably confident stating that the anchor likely came from a genuine Rado.

Sorry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks very much for the info. I was stupid impulsively buying it without researching first :)

I will try to return it asap

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Sorry, here goes. Non Rado day/date frame, non-Rado day/date wheel, incorrect hands, not the correct movement, non-Rado case and case back, the markers look wrong, and last but not least the anchor should not be gold on a stainless watch.

I feel reasonably confident stating that the anchor likely came from a genuine Rado.

Sorry.
    Henry Krinkle likes this.

Hi, complete newbie here so apologies if this isn't allowed but I'm hoping you guys can save me from a similar mistake. Never owned a rado before but saw this voyager on eBay which I really like the look of
    VINTAGE RADO VOYAGER AUTOMATIC 25 JEWELS (EXCELLENT CONDITION) SERVICED | eBay
    But now thinking I may be looking at a fake, or at least something cobbled together from various parts. Of course if its cheap enough then I may just buy I because I love the look, but it would be nice to know what it actually is if anyone can help?

Thanks very much.
    Last edited by Johnny Bravo; May 28th, 2015 at 20:05.

Does anyone else besides me have a problem with someone buying a watch uneducated, then deciding they don't like it and asking for a refund? If a seller is lying about the watch, that's one thing. If they don't indicate one way or the other about the condition, then contact the seller before you buy and ask questions. If you buy without questions, then you get what you get. It seems like people are buying on hope, rather than educating themselves beforehand. Like probably everyone else here, I've bought crap off of ebay on impulse, but I take my lumps and move on. I know what to look for the next time, and what questions to ask before bidding/buying.

Anyway, just adding my $0.02 worth.

That is not a Voyager case. Who knows what the movement came from, but no rado rotor has ever had "parts" engraved on it and the movement should be decorated. The anchor disc came from a gold rado.

Oh I wouldn't return it unless it was faulty. If I decide to buy then it will be because I like the watch and am happy to pay the price it goes for. Anything else is my lookout :)
    rfortson likes this.

Thanks Henry Krinkle. The buyer has good feedback so I was hoping it may be what he/she said it was. Might be a moot point now anyway as my better half has just told me she doesn't like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Does anyone else besides me have a problem with someone buying a watch uneducated, then deciding they don't like it and asking for a refund? If a seller is lying about the watch, that's one thing. If they don't indicate one way or the other about the condition, then contact the seller before you buy and ask questions. If you buy without questions, then you get what you get. It seems like people are buying on hope, rather than educating themselves beforehand. Like probably everyone else here, I've bought crap off of ebay on impulse, but I take my lumps and move on. I know what to look for the next time, and what questions to ask before bidding/buying.

Anyway, just adding my $0.02 worth.
    How educated is educated? A seller with good feedback claims its the real deal, you like the pics, bid, and win. You get excited and want to learn more, so you nose around a bit, and start piecing together that it might be a franken or fake. This thread is about misrepresented products, so if youhave been reading along, per your second sentence, you are frood and groovy with the cold feet displayed in this thread.

Considering that several folks have posted here about franken/fake Rado Voyagers, I hope that this thread is prominent on Google for those itching to bid in the future.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information