Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story - Page 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story

Quote Originally Posted by hanshananigan View Post
    Considering that several folks have posted here about franken/fake Rado Voyagers, I hope that this thread is prominent on Google for those itching to bid in the future.

I had never heard of this watch model before reading this thread. Now I know to stay clear. I'm not sure of the allure where so many have been burnt.Lower priced vintage automatic?

Re: Rado buyers remorse: An eBay impulse buy story

Quote Originally Posted by hanshananigan View Post
    How educated is educated? A seller with good feedback claims its the real deal, you like the pics, bid, and win. You get excited and want to learn more, so you nose around a bit, and start piecing together that it might be a franken or fake. This thread is about misrepresented products, so if youhave been reading along, per your second sentence, you are frood and groovy with the cold feet displayed in this thread.

Considering that several folks have posted here about franken/fake Rado Voyagers, I hope that this thread is prominent on Google for those itching to bid in the future.
    I've been burned and learned a good bit buying vintage Seikos. What I've found is if the seller says "genuine" or "authentic", then it means all the parts come from Seiko. Whether or not all those parts were originally put together in that manner by Seiko is another question.

When the seller says "original", then I think I've found something nice and will bid accordingly.

When the seller says "restored" (even "factory serviced" or "factory restored") then I know to look closer and ask questions about the work done. Sometimes even the factory may use parts that weren't originally used because of age, availability, etc.

Finally, I've learned that I don't care that much about the above. If I like the watch, and the price, I'll generally buy it. If it's a piece/model that has some horological significance to me, then I'm more particular.

Bottom line, I try to ask all my questions before I buy. Once I pull the trigger, it's mine unless there is an absolute misstatement of fact. But in 15+ years of buying junk online, I've never had someone outright lie to me about a product. We may have disagreed, but those are down to opinion.

Anyhoo...I'm just glad we've got places like this to ask our questions. Makes it so much easier to spend our money. :)
    hanshananigan likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information