Rado: Real?

Thread: Rado: Real?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rado: Real?

I received this as a gift about 8 years ago. It must be a quartz since the second hand is still moving but I thought the sweeping motion was only for automatics?

Re: Rado: Real?

If it has a sweeping second hand then it's an automatic. Why do u think it's quartz? Does the red dot anchor rotates as u rotate the watch? That's also a sign that it's an auto. Probably real unless the dot doesn't rotate. But to be more certain,u might have to open the caseback to look at the movement. Or try scratching the bezel (top of the case surrounding the glass) with a pen knife. It should be scratchproof if genuine. Nice watch btw!

My quartz batteries don't last eight years! That's an automatic as Niles pointed out. I think all the Rados with the rotating anchor logo are mechanicals, aren't they?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

But the automatic does not need winding, sometimes it will start running on its own?

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed2010 View Post
    But the automatic does not need winding, sometimes it will start running on its own?
    If u wear it on a daily basis,u won't need to wind it. They can have 40hrs of reserve power if fully wound so if u wear it on alternate days,u still need not wind it. Maybe what happens is when it stops but u pick it up n move it some, it can start ticking again 'cos there's a rotor in there that winds up a spring that powers the watch. If what u are saying is the watch is left untouched yet it starts ticking on its own then that's freaky. If the battery is flat,it's flat..i doubt it will have a 2nd life. But from the pic,it really looks like an automatic. Don't u use it or are u just keeping it?

lvt

Maybe it's a prototype of nuclear-powered watch
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    I think all the Rados with the rotating anchor logo are mechanicals, aren't they?
    You are right.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed2010 View Post
    It can happen after you move it a small amount sometimes -- maybe just taking the box in which you kept it out of storage, or the manipulation pulling it from the back of the drawer gave it enough power to start.

Actually I wanted to sell it but needed to confirm its legit before I sell.....I haven't worn it in years....

Open the caseback, if you can, and have a look at the movement~Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information