Rado vs. Oris vs. Seiko SPB001

Thread: Rado vs. Oris vs. Seiko SPB001

Question Rado vs. Oris vs. Seiko SPB001

Having done my share of research, I have narrowed the field of watches for my next purchase. All three watches being in the same price bracket from ADs here, which one do you believe is the best taking into consideration style, build, and performance?

Rado Original 'Classic'

Oris Miles Rectangular Day Date

Seiko Premier

Of course, it would be swell if some that has any of the watches could chip in their view through actual ownership.

Appreciated

stuffler,mike

Re: Rado vs. Oris vs. Seiko SPB001

From my point of view it is impossible to compare these watches because they are to different from each other, the only they have in common is that they are wrist watches
    Seen from a historical angle I´d go for the Rado. Regarding technical aspects: Seiko. Lookinf fro a dress watch ? Oris.

I own the Rado and owned the Oris in the Touneau case though.

I would recommend the Rado, based on case design , very comfortable, and the bracelet is top notch.

The Oris is nice and I like the exibition back with Redrotor, but we wear watches dial side up

Rado for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As usual, Mike is the first one to answer the call; for that, I am very appreciative. Yes, I do realize that the three watches are vastly different, but they are more similar than not in terms of function. As well, for Tony Duranio, if you can recall, could you please share the time keeping you got from the Oris and the accuracy you are getting from the Rado right now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AWang View Post
    As usual, Mike is the first one to answer the call; for that, I am very appreciative. Yes, I do realize that the three watches are vastly different, but they are more similar than not in terms of function. As well, for Tony Duranio, if you can recall, could you please share the time keeping you got from the Oris and the accuracy you are getting from the Rado right now?

Thanks
    I wear the Rado for dressier occasions, so I have not measured the timing on it as it is worn sparingly. The Oris ran +7 to 10 seconds per day. Very impressive IMHO.
    Sorry I could not be more help on the Rado

Off topic Re: Rado vs. Oris vs. Seiko SPB001

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Duronio View Post
    I wear the Rado for dressier occasions, so I have not measured the timing on it as it is worn sparingly. The Oris ran +7 to 10 seconds per day. Very impressive IMHO.
    Sorry I could not be more help on the Rado
    Don't worry about it; I just wanted to see if your example was as accurate as the Timezone review claimed it to be (2 secs regardless of position) as one example is not enough evidence to be applied to all the Rado Originals. But I thank you for your help; it has been very informative. By the way, that hardmetal bezel is pretty awesome, right?

Right

Thread Information