Railroad-grade Wristwatches?

Thread: Railroad-grade Wristwatches?

Question Railroad-grade Wristwatches?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a published standard for all the "Railroad Approved" quartz watches on the market? Standards for pockets are well known, but I've never seen anything for wristwatches. Now Seiko/Pular, Citizen, and even Sharp sell watches marked "Railroad Approved". Approved by who???

Thanks and Happy New Year!
    Tim

stuffler,mike

Re: Railroad-grade Wristwatches?

Moved to the roght forum.

Not sure which ;right forum' he refers to but all those models you listed were in fact approved by the RR's in Canada. Although we are no longer to have 'railroad grade; watchs any longer her in Canada. Only a good quality watch is sufficient. Although, for me I have always used the BALL 'grade' watches and since ball still make them to the specs required by the railroads, then they're good enough for me. 10 x's the quality from previous with spectacular night time reading ability. Something we could have used 30 years ago.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wouldn't any quartz watch be Railroad Approvable? Well maybe with it also having clear minute markers and a second hand?

Banned

Any watch with a quarts, COSC or better mech. movement with a clearly read dial would be R-road grade, if such thing existed these days.
    But it does not exist!

Scuse me, but what does it mean "Railroad Approved"??

Anyway watches and railroads are both great in Switzerland, so... here's a couple of pictures of my Mondaine "Official Swiss Railways Watch" (SBB CFF FFS stands for Swiss Railways in German, Franch and Italian), an iconic quartz watch reminding the very same clock you'll see in every platform in Switzerland!

cheers!

Thread Information