Raymond Weil 9576-STC-00200 or Tissot PR50 Le Locle

Thread: Raymond Weil 9576-STC-00200 or Tissot PR50 Le Locle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raymond Weil 9576-STC-00200 or Tissot PR50 Le Locle

Hi All

This is my very first post so be nice :).

I have always liked watches but have never bought a quality swiss watch before. I have only been interested in Fossil and Armarni however recently I have seen the light and now I'm in the market for a quality Swiss watch.

My budget is around £300-400.

I have found the Raymond Weil for £388 Tradition 9576-STC-00200 Mens Watch - Tradition 42 mm Steel on steel day and date at 12 o'clock | RAYMOND WEIL Genève Luxury Watches, I just want your thoughts on the brand and how good the watch really is? Is it good value for money? It rrp £775 so it's quite a good discount. Also where do Raymond Weil come in the watch heriarchy? I've heard they are near Tag?

The Tissot is £335 Tissot PR50 Le Locle Gents Watch | T41.1.423.33 | Watches | Goldsmiths. I like that it is automatic however if Raymond Weil is the better option I wouldn't worry too much about that. What are people's thoughts about Tissot? and this particular watch? is it good? which one would you choose and why?

Thanks all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Raymond Weil 9576-STC-00200 or Tissot PR50 Le Locle

My vote is the Tissot, although it only wins by a nose. I believe the two "names" are close enough in reputation, maintenance, etc., so for me it boils down to aesthetics on these two. The Tissot seems to present a bit more distinguished and cleaner (barely), so it gives the impression of a more expensive version without having to dish out the money (very "Stowa-esque") I don't think you can go wrong with either, however. Remember, it's what YOU want, not what everybody else wants. Good luck

r. Weil is a quartz

tissot is a mechanichal

In case of being both mechanics the complication of great date and the top brand image of r.weil (at least in continental europa) he had inclined the scale to Weil
    But between these two I prefer mechanic

choose tissot

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I believe the Le Locle is a bit smaller watch, but I prefer its uncluttered dial.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I have the Le Locle and can only say that it is a very nice piece for the price (and keeps cosc time!)

Looks like there is a big cost uplift in the UK....it's only $393 on amazon in the US
    Amazon.com: Tissot T-Classic Le Locle Mens Watch T41.1.423.33: Tissot: Watches

and 494 GBP on the co.uk site
    Tissot Watches Tissot T Classic Le Locle Automatic Case Back Transparent Men's Watch: Amazon.co.uk: Watches

I couldn't live with knowing how much more I paid for it than I needed to (glad I live in North America now!)
    Cave Quid Optes

I'm a fan of both brands. I've owned 3 Raymond Weil and over a dozen Tissot in the past 4-5 years.

Raymond Weil is generally not really popular brand among watch forum members. It's probably because most of their models are quartz movements. Quartz is generally less popular than mechanical watches among watch forum members. But the build quality and finishing of the Raymond Weil watches I have owned was slightly higher than my Tag Heuer and Omega watches priced higher. Notable discounts from suggested retail are common. The used resale value is low compared to full retail, probably about 30% of original value. This is because they are not popular with watch enthusiasts and the general public has never heard of them (at least here where I live).

Tissot is entry level Swiss Made. Most models are decent quality. Many are quartz. Most models are worth the asking price, a pretty decent bargain IMO. The LeLocle models in recent years have been reasonably popular with watch enthusiasts as affordable Swiss mechanicals. Tissot watches start lower priced than Raymond Weil but discounts as new are not as deep. So they tend to lose a bit less than RW as used watches.

Both brands build watches that are made well enough to last many years. Both use dependable movements, mostly from ETA, so long term life should be good and parts for repairs should be around for a long time. It makes sense that most forum members will select the Tissot because most prefer mechanical watches. But both are nicely made watches. I wouldn't point out one over the other, but maybe these comments help you decide which is better for you.

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of RW, but that's a pretty nice watch. I've always fancied the Le Locle though.. I almost bought one, but just didn't have the cash on hand at the time, and was traveling the next day. That being said, my vote is for the Tissot. For me, Tissot does seem like a lesser brand, but I prefer mechanical in this case, and you save yourself £50 which is worth saving and can put towards your next awesome watch purchase!

Either watch would fit the definition of a quality made exceptionally good looking swiss watch. If you are looking for a more classic style then go with the Tissot. The Raymond Weil dial with the unequally sized numerals, large date and flyback day display has a more modern look. A quartz movement will stay running if you set it down for a few days while a mechanical will have to be reset. Some non-watch collectors are bothered by the inconvenience.
    Last edited by John MS; August 28th, 2011 at 17:01.

My vote would be for the Tissot, mainly because I prefer the smooth sweep of an automatic in a dress watch.
    Seiko SBDC061
    Seiko PADI Samurai SRPB99
    Rolex 16610 Sub
    Rolex 16600 SD
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT
    G-Shock GD400-MB
    G-Shock Mudmaster GWG-1000-1A3JF
    Casio Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for your responses!

The Raymond Weil was originally £775 and I can get it for £388 so to me that surely sounds like a bargain? and is clearly a very good watch. I also understand that quartz is more accurate whereas mechanical loses seconds. Evry watch store I have asked has said that RW is a better brand than Tissot?

Also I'm looking at the Tissot Heritage range, what do people think?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information