Raymond Weil spelling error on new watch

Thread: Raymond Weil spelling error on new watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raymond Weil spelling error on new watch

I have recently purchased a ladies Raymond Weil Parsifal watch for my wife. On closer inspection I noticed on the back plate that the word 'Stainless' is mispelt! It actually states 'STINLESS' This surprises me from a quality watch maker. It doesn't affect the watch, but I'm wondering whether I should bring to RW's attention or if it is so rare an occurance is it worth more money

Re: Raymond Weil spelling error on new watch

Did you purchase it from a reputable source? Misspellings are often evidence of counterfeit watches....

Quote Originally Posted by suddha View Post
    Did you purchase it from a reputable source? Misspellings are often evidence of counterfeit watches....

Yes, It was an official RW dealer. I have the supplied international warranty certificate. The watch looks perfect in every other way.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by latent View Post
    Yes, It was an official RW dealer. I have the supplied international warranty certificate. The watch looks perfect in every other way.
    The international warranty certificate doesn't indicate that you watch is genuine
    I wouldn't accept a wrong spelling, neitther on the dial nor on the case back.

There is no way RW would mispell "stainless".

Quote Originally Posted by DW-5600E View Post
    There is no way RW would mispell "stainless".

Well, it does seem weird, but I have looked very carefully at images of the watch in RW literature and I can can see no (other) difference with the item I have purchased.

I phoned RW service department in the UK today. A guy there laughed and said that the watch backplates are laser scribed and said theer could be a batch of mispelt plates. He said if I sent the watch to them, they would replace the plate.

LTH

Quote Originally Posted by latent View Post
    I phoned RW service department in the UK today. A guy there laughed and said that the watch backplates are laser scribed and said theer could be a batch of mispelt plates. He said if I sent the watch to them, they would replace the plate.
    do not send it, neither ! if it's a fake they'll keep it in order to destroy it, you'll loose watch and money
    now, suppose it's not a fake, you have a collector watch
    Swatch Sistem 51 Arrow (custom bracelet), Bulova Snorkel 96B209, Seiko SSA174K1 "unicorn" 4R37, Seiko SKA465P1 Kinetic 5M62-0CH0, Alpha Sundial Black, Seiko "SPØRK" SRP043K1, MQJ submariner, Casio WVA-430, Citizen diver NY2300-09EB, Seiko 5 SNXS77K (7S26) , Casio Protrek PRT-500 , Swatch Beat webmaster , vintage Seiko 5 (1972 defective) various Casio, Pulsar, Yonger&Bresson all anadigit and a Fossil WristPda:oops:

Quote Originally Posted by LTH View Post
    do not send it, neither ! if it's a fake they'll keep it in order to destroy it, you'll loose watch and money
    now, suppose it's not a fake, you have a collector watch
    How about going to the dealer you bought it from, and maybe one or two others, and looking at other examples to see if the word is mis-spelt on them.

I think for your own peace of mind, you need to make sure it's not a fake.

We've recently had 2 different fellows post in Affordables that they received excellent buys on Steinhart watches that had the "S" on the clasp stamped backwards.
    Apparently there are more to be had on the 'bay, but I haven't looked.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

The Steinhart thing was completely legit AFAIK. It ws endoresed on their site and acknowledged as a mistake.

In the case of the RW, I think this is clearly a dealer issue. If they are truly an AD, it is incumbent upon them to fron this issue for you. If they refuse, I'd return the watch and potentially dispute the charge on my card (if you used one) if they protested.

If it was an authentic Rolex with a dial misprint, I'd say you might have a collectors piece. As it stands, it is what it is - aggravating and perhpas a little suspicious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information