Raymond Weil - Tradition 2835 - Unusual Problem - Help

Thread: Raymond Weil - Tradition 2835 - Unusual Problem - Help

Raymond Weil - Tradition 2835 - Unusual Problem - Help

hi,

i am new to this forum and i would like some help

its been 10 months since i bought this watch from Raymond Weil it is Tradition 2835

the issue is the watch keeps on stopping while i wear it i have tried everything manually winding it, moving it delicately in my hands to charge it but every now and then it stops

now the fun part is if i manually wind it and place it on a level surface it will go on for almost a whole day without any loss of time BUT if i wear it it suddenly stops

i have taken it back to the dealer 4 times already - every time i get it back from them it starts working fine - then 2-3 weeks later it starts stopping again and again but wait....if i take the watch off my wrist and place it on a level surface it starts working again

anybody have any ideas???

thanks

Re: Raymond Weil - Tradition 2835 - Unusual Problem - Help

What did the dealer do to the watch the first three times you took it back? If the watch is only 10 months old, your dealer should have exchanged it under warranty.
    When a watch will only stay running positionally, that usually indicates a problem with the balance wheel and escapement. If the watch was dropped, or bumped hard enough, it will displace the cap jewel from the balance staff, preventing the pivots of the balance staff from breaking. Thus, the watch will only run when in a position that the balance wheel is level.
    I don't know much about Raymond Weil's service after sales, but you should contact them and see what they recommend under their warranty. Otherwise, take it to a competent watchmaker, and have them do the repair.

By any chance are you a turtle sir?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CoolActionHero View Post
    By any chance are you a turtle sir?
    ?
    vs
    This is why I don't buy quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_swatch View Post
    What did the dealer do to the watch the first three times you took it back? If the watch is only 10 months old, your dealer should have exchanged it under warranty.
    When a watch will only stay running positionally, that usually indicates a problem with the balance wheel and escapement. If the watch was dropped, or bumped hard enough, it will displace the cap jewel from the balance staff, preventing the pivots of the balance staff from breaking. Thus, the watch will only run when in a position that the balance wheel is level.
    I don't know much about Raymond Weil's service after sales, but you should contact them and see what they recommend under their warranty. Otherwise, take it to a competent watchmaker, and have them do the repair.
    thank you sir_swatch for your response - the dealer has not told me the problem they just say there was something wrong and it should be work fine now - i bought this model while it was on SALE (almost 50% - still paid GBP 400 for it) because this model was going to be discontinued

so i am not sure of replacement of the watch thing - i will be getting in touch with the dealer again in a few days and let us see what happens

my watch is under a 2 year international warranty - now what would comer under that?

and i probably think the problem that you have highlighted is exactly what is going on

Since you bought the watch as a clearance item, that is probably why the dealer didn't do much of anything for you, and probably won't be of help.

There should be some information on how to contact Raymond Weil directly from the warranty paperwork that came with your watch.

The Swiss have dedicated service centers in almost ALL countires around the world wherever their watches are sold to do their warranty work.

Thread Information