Re-Lume Sinn 656
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Re-Lume Sinn 656

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re-Lume Sinn 656

I want to re-lume my Sinn 656 while maintaining its crisp white-on-black look. The challenge is finding a bright lume that still shows pure white in daylight. I don't know what Sinn uses on the 656 (Superluminova C1?). I hear Superluminova C3 is bright but has a green tint in daylight. Any recommendations?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Re-Lume Sinn 656

Quote Originally Posted by heyhsia View Post
    I want to re-lume my Sinn 656 while maintaining its crisp white-on-black look. The challenge is finding a bright lume that still shows pure white in daylight. I don't know what Sinn uses on the 656 (Superluminova C1?). I hear Superluminova C3 is bright but has a green tint in daylight. Any recommendations?
    You may chose from a variety of Superluminova compound: RC TRITEC Ltd. : Special Colours
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I have had watches with BGW9 lume. Seemed as white as C1 and close to C3 brightness. Not sure why Sinn doesn't use this. Blue lume instead as Green C3.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It also depends on how many coats of luminova is applied. multiple variables here.

I'm getting a watch relumed from C1 to C3... but I'm not concerned with keeping a specific appearance. I've heard IWW and MCWW do good work for reasonable prices.

Yeah, my first thought was BGW9. White appearance and blue glow, though not as intense as C3. I've considered having my Chase-Durer re-lumed with BGW9, a nice upgrade from the C1 that's on it now.
    Last edited by Raza; March 19th, 2011 at 02:23.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I've arranged to have Kent Parks do the re-lume on the 656 using BG W9. He said it would be able to maintain the white-on-black look (C3 is light green in daylight), and I prefer blue lume over green. Once I get the watch back I'll post pics.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I've arranged to have Kent Parks do the re-lume on the 656 using BG W9. He said it would be able to maintain the white-on-black look (C3 is light green in daylight), and I prefer blue lume over green. Once I get the watch back I'll post pics.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, how much will this cost? I have been looking at a Sinn U1 but am holding out d/t poor lume.
    Bali Ha'i "Q" MOP, Bathys 100 Fathoms Black, Bathys 100 Fathoms Auto Ruthenium Dial/UV PVD, Casio G-Shock Gulfman Blue, Casio G-Shock Mudman Atomic/Solar, Citizen EcoZilla Ti, Halios Bluering Silver Dial/Beadblasted, Marathon GSAR, Omega Planet Ocean GMT, Seiko Black Monster, Seiko Orange Monster, Sinn U1-T

Banned

Be prepared for a long wait and very little, if not any, communication. Kent is the best, but you have to wait...

I had my Tsunami relumed...20 week wait!

Tsunami before:

Tsunami after:

Last edited by andrema; March 20th, 2011 at 18:36.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RideCRF450 View Post
    Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, how much will this cost? I have been looking at a Sinn U1 but am holding out d/t poor lume.
    My relume with Kent cost $140. That was for the hands (minute, hour and second) and the bezel pip.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RideCRF450 View Post
    The U1 lume isn't bad. Here are a few shots of mine:

Last edited by andrema; March 20th, 2011 at 18:41.
    voodootomato likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information