Ready To Purchase Omega Seamaster-Who To Buy From?

Thread: Ready To Purchase Omega Seamaster-Who To Buy From?

Ready To Purchase Omega Seamaster-Who To Buy From?

I'm newto the upper end watch market. I've done a ton of research and have settled on the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean - 2201.51.00. Love this watch. Anyway, I need advice on where to buy. I found it at authenticwatches.com for $2995. I've read many posts on grey market vs. AD and am leaning toward an AD. My question is can I find an AD on this forum that will sell me the watch for $3,000.00 shipped and w/o tax. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by echo46; December 31st, 2010 at 16:45.

Re: Ready To Purchase Omega Seamaster-Who To Buy From?

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    I'm newto the upper end watch market. I've done a ton of research and have settled on the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean - 2201.51.00. Love this watch. Anyway, I need advice on where to buy. I found it at authenticwatches.com for $2995. I've read many posts on grey market vs. AD and am leaning toward an AD. My question is can I find an AD on this forum that will sell me the watch for $3,000.00 shipped and w/o tax. Thanks for any help.
    I doubt that anyone here would know for certain whether an authorized dealer on this forum would be willing to sell that watch for $3,000.00 A better idea would be for you to contact the sponsoring dealers for this forum. Also, you should contact local authorized dealers in your area for comparative prices. Be sure to go beyond just asking for the best deal and strike up a conversation first.

Realize that the authentic watches price excludes the cost of a warranty so it may be difficult for an authorized dealer to offer a warranted watch for that price. I would expect something around 30% discount.
    Last edited by John MS; December 31st, 2010 at 17:14.

Thank You for the advice

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

It appears that you want your cake and eat it too.

You want the grey market pricing but from an AD with warranty AND do not charge you tax as well.

Now, I am not saying that ISN'T possible.

Why don't you take the pricing to your local AD and see how close they can come to your pricing.

Also, you can try the forum AD and see what he says.
    Chronic flipper...

Yea, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want the cake and to enjoy eating it too. I hear you and appreciate the advice. I will locate a local AD and strike up a conversation with him concerning Omegas.

v76

Try the Omega sub-forum. I believe the forum AD offers great deals, check out the posts in the past, and PM some of the guys who have purchased from the AD.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Thread Information