Real or fake Bulgari?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike
  • 1 Post By mleok
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: Real or fake Bulgari?

Real or fake Bulgari?

So yeah pretty much as the title suggest, is this bulgari real or fake? Got it as a present from my dad who got it from his uncle or something like that.
    The back looks like rubbish because it has a transparent sticker/plastic on it (and yes, the text in engraved thus not on the sticker )
    If you need more pics, lemme hear

Thanks in advance

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Real or fake Bulgari?

Date wheel looks suspect.
    Gary123 likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Sorry, but I don't like this thread. New member, 1st post is about a fake. From his dad from his uncle ..... no paper trail. Perhaps if it passes muster here it will be sold somewhere else.

Where are you from dolphinman93? Are you on any other forums with that same name?

There is also another Bulgari fake thread by another new member, 5th post, joined at the same time.
    Last edited by Gary123; October 26th, 2013 at 20:31.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Sorry, but I don't like this thread. 1st post is about a fake. From his dad from his uncle ..... no paper trail. Perhaps if it passes muster here it will be sold somewhere else.

Where are you from dolphinman93? Are you on any other forums with that same name?
    Wowowow hold it there cowboy! Got names like xeleron and dolphinman on other forums but doesn't matter does it :)?
    I've to admit i'm not quite familiar with watches, that's why i registered here to question my belief about if it's either a real/fake one

*edit* Haha yeah right, why would i sell something that i got present from my dad?
    Last edited by dolphinman93; October 26th, 2013 at 20:33.

It looks fake to me. Pretty much every watch that gets posted here by a person with no posting history, and with a questionable provenance is almost surely a fake.

The case engraving looks like it's just shallowly laser engraved, and if I had to guess the chronograph is a faux chronograph. In particular, the subdial at 3 o'clock looks suspicious to me (at 6 when it should be reset like the rest of the chronograph functions), and the subdials are not consistent with the other tri-compax Bulgari Diagono chronographs that I've seen. On the typical Bulgari chronograph, the subdial at 3 o'clock is the petite seconds, and a 30 minute totalizer at 9 o'clock, and a 12 hour totalizer at 6 o'clock.

Edit: This is how a genuine caseback looks like.

Last edited by mleok; October 26th, 2013 at 20:46.
    dolphinman93 likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    -snip
    Thank you for explaining, i'm convinced its a fake. I'm not quite familiar in the watch sector so that's why i registered and asked!
    Once more, thanks :)

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Ok, thread closed then.
    geoffbot likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thread Information