Hello everyone.

I am a complete noob, and I know absolutely nothing at all about watches. I have had a cellphone all my teenage/adult life and I have never even wore watches. I was given a "Patek Philippe" watch by my great uncle many years ago, and recently I discovered that Patek Philippes are quite valuable. I am wondering (obviously) if it is real or fake. My uncle collected a lot of stuff over the years, and I don't think he was ever an "expert" on watches or whatever. Unfortunately he lives in Italy and is senile so I am unable to ask him about the watch, where he bought it, how much he paid, etc.

I tried to do some research but most advice I get is to the effect of; make sure its a registered dealer, make sure you are paying thousands of dollars for it, or find the model on the website and compare. I didn't buy it, so that doesn't help. I looked but I cannot find a similar model (I guess that should tell me right now its fake, but the watch was given to me about 25 years ago, so maybe the model is not listed on the website??). I cannot open the back (at least my ability) to look at the movement. The movement of the second hand is audible and has about 5 or 6 ticks per second.

Here's a photo (posted below in reply). Can anyone recognize the model (if there even is one)??? There is nothing written on the back. I can take more pictures if anyone is interested.