Realistically, how much can you negotiate off MSRP?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Realistically, how much can you negotiate off MSRP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Realistically, how much can you negotiate off MSRP?

Hi guys, I'm beginning to save up for a PAM 177 so I called by local Panerai boutiqe today to find out how much their MSRP was, and they said $7,300. I was just wondering for those of you with experience; how much could I expect to get taken off the price of the watch with negotiation? I've never really bought a watch at an AD, but this ones gonna be special for me, so I'm gonna purchase it in the store. Would under 7,000 be realistic? Even less?

So, let's assume your going into an AD to buy a $7,300 watch, how much do you actually expect to pay after some haggling?

Thanks for your input,
    -Max

Excuse some spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm writing this on an iPhone :P.
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; October 13th, 2012 at 02:10.

Re: Realistically, how much can you negotiate off MSRP?

Don't buy from a boutique, they give the absolute worst deals.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

On Panerai? Not much. I dont think you can get a generalized answer covering all brands. Its very brand specific, model specific, and last by not least, dealer specific. Its really hard to say you should be able to get X% off in general even if you narrowed it down to one brand. Theres also a factor of dealer loyalty and how frequently you buy from them. If you have a good relationship with a local AD and you have purchased before you are likely to get a higher discount compared to someone coming in for the first time.

But for Panerai, the general consensus atleast AFAIK is that there isnt much room for negotiation and they are also quite strict about what their dealers do. In your particular scenario, I would say under 7k for a 7300$ should be doable as long as the AD is known to do so. You also have to factor in Tax if you are looking at buying in CA. Some dealers will eat the tax as their "discount".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

At my local AD, I can usually expect at least a 10%-15% discount of full retail. On some brands they'll go as high to 20%-25% (but I don't ever expect to get that much off). It just depends on the particular brand and model. I've also bought several watches from this AD so I've built up a good relationship with them and I've noticed they're a lot more generous with the deals after I became a repeat customer.
    My Watch Pics (IG) ---> CLICK HERE
    Sales Forum Feedback History ---> CLICK HERE

For Panerai, another member said 10% discount is omax ( https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=7). Edit: errr ot sure what happened to my link

In general 10-15% seems common and more if you're a returning customer and have a good relationship with the AD.
    Sent from my cm_tenderloin
    Last edited by Citizen V; October 13th, 2012 at 02:10.

My local AD gave me 20% off my Omega AT 8500, 20% off a ladies Oris Artelier and the last time I was in I tried on a Zenith El Primero 36000 and they immediately offered 20% off MSRP. So I would say 20% seems to be the average.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen V View Post
    For Panerai, another member said 10% discount is omax ( https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=7). Edit: errr ot sure what happened to my link

In general 10-15% seems common and more if you're a returning customer and have a good relationship with the AD.
    Sent from my cm_tenderloin
    AD will not discount on Panerai's.

Quote Originally Posted by kmroldan View Post

Certain brands will not allow AD's to reduce prices. Rolex is another example.

Quote Originally Posted by kmroldan View Post
    Yup thanks for the correction. I see a couple threads 'bout that in the Panerai forums here.

I do see some people saying they got or were offered 10% discounts. I guess they were just ADs desperate for a sale, and were willing to risk losing their contract?

EDIT: Learned another new thing today ;). There is a difference between ADs and Boutiques, haha.
    Last edited by Citizen V; October 13th, 2012 at 02:55.

This isn't even an AD, it's a Panerai boutiqe... So I guess that means I may have to buy online...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information