Really wish Christopher Ward would release this kind of design of a watch
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Really wish Christopher Ward would release this kind of design of a watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Even though I know CW already has a Pepsi GMT (C65 Trident GMT),
    41mm seems too big for my wrist and I don't like its small bezel and boring hands.

While I like the C60 Trident GMT 600 design (which they have 38mm version),
    I don't like how the GMT hand is orange and how they don't have any pepsi bezel variant.

So with my poor microsoft paint skills, I tried to create one...

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 138
Size:  71.7 KB

(Sorry if the resolution is so low, I had to lower it since
    if it was high the watch would have looked unreal due to my poor photo editing skills)

I know that CW would never remove its logo at 9'o clock and the date window,
    if CW ever did that, I would confidently say that it looks more handsome than Rolex Pepsi.

Just wishing any company would create a reasonably-sized pepsi or batman diver GMT for smaller wrists.
    Even though I can't buy it right now, I would save up my money for years to come for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Ever looked at Steinhart? The offer a Pepsi 39mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Really wish Christopher Ward would release this kind of design of a watch

2-tone ceramic bezels are more difficult to execute and therefore more expensive. CW hasn't done a 2-tone bezel on the C60 since they switched to the ceramic bezel with the MkII. The C65 line is using aluminum bezel inserts, hence we see a Pepsi bezel there because it's pretty easy to do. Also, I've heard that red/blue specifically is harder to do in ceramic due to colors bleeding over between the halves. Batman bezels are easier because color bleed is much less noticeable with black/blue and the color tones are closer in general. I've also seen blue/gray and I think I recall seeing a black/gray, again these are similar tones. I don't believe I've seen a Pepsi ceramic bezel outside of Rolex, and they reportedly had a lot of difficulty creating theirs. Steinhart has ceramic Batman bezels, but all of their Pepsi bezels are still aluminum.
    umarrajs likes this.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you checked out Tag Heuer's new Pepsi?
    41Mets likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanbybirth View Post
    Have you checked out Tag Heuer's new Pepsi?
    If the 41mm C65 is too big, I'm going to guess that a 43mm Tag GMT is completely out of the question.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

Quote Originally Posted by MX793 View Post
    If the 41mm C65 is too big, I'm going to guess that a 43mm Tag GMT is completely out of the question.
    True dat. I missed the size rec.

CW like to mix things up a little and I think that the C60 range is a bit lean right now so I don’t think a Pepsi is totally out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    CW like to mix things up a little and I think that the C60 range is a bit lean right now so I don’t think a Pepsi is totally out of the question.
    I'm sure we'll see some new color choices trickle out. Probably not until next year. If they do anything this year, it will be to expand color choices for the 40mm to match the 38 and 42. Whether new colors will be offered in the 38mm size also remains to be seen. Historically, that model didn't always get all of the same color (or material) options of the full size. All of the stainless bezel LEs were only in full size. Titanium was only in full size. In the last year or so of the MkII, the full size could be had in blue or orange, neither of which were offered for the 38. I was honestly surprised they did a bronze 38.

Regardless, until somebody figures out how to do Pepsi ceramic economically, I don't think we'll see it from on the C60 line. CW hasn't done a Pepsi C60 since they went ceramic in 2014. Nobody but Rolex has managed to create a ceramic Pepsi. Anybody else offering a Pepsi bezel these days is doing it in aluminum, including makers that normally use ceramic (e.g. Steinhart or Tag), and I'm not sure I could see CW putting an aluminum bezel back into the C60 line. We might see a Batman, or a black/grey, but I wouldn't count on a Pepsi anytime in the foreseeable future.