Received watch along with some crap I didn't want (literal: feces) in recent Tourby Deal..

View Poll Results: WWYD? What Would You Do?

Voters
69. This poll is closed
  • That's fine, David.. what the heck are you complaining about?

6 8.70%
  • What! Ridiculous! Ask him for a refund!

41 59.42%
  • Hmmm, let it be. Cigars and Poop are the scent of a man.

22 31.88%
Like Tree240Likes

Thread: Received watch along with some crap I didn't want (literal: feces) in recent Tourby Deal..

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Dungji, Taiwan / Sacramento / San Diego / Santa Barbara / San Francisco / NYC

Exclamation Received watch along with some crap I didn't want (literal: feces) in recent Tourby Deal..

I have accepted the apology from the Seller who responded towards latter part of the thread..
    Thanks to all who participated- it's been a ridiculously fun read! -
    DavidTsee

So- not to bring down his reputation, but wanted to bring this up (PM me if you're concerned) as the watch was as described... for the most part)

But wanted to see what everyone else would have done:

FIRST- The stench of Cigarette smoke is ingrained into the rubber strap and I hate that smell, had two family members lost to lung cancer from smoking- just a bad thing and don't like the smell anyways. So firstly, that wasn't advertised and I always HATE that when people assume we won't notice the smell or don't mind it- so I'm attempting to treat the rubber to get the smell out but we'll see...

... that wouldn't have bothered me that much BUT, get this.. I received some dog crap.

Name:  doggy-cartoon.jpg
Views: 2503
Size:  25.6 KB

I work at a hospital- was sharing my awesome new purchase with a few other physicians.. open it up in clinic.. to have the wafting STENCH of dog crap come bursting out, knocking back a few of the physicians who ran away yelling at me saying, 'That's not a funny prank, Dave' and have sworn entering my clinic office again..

This is the culprit: Name:  kTYNGmt.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  31.5 KB

That's only HALF what was left on there- most of it was still in the box, on the bubble wrap that the WUS member used, a (now-dried) but still pungent piece of dog sh*t.

VERY unprofessional for something I paid $900 for and extremely unwarranted.. this is seriously the first incredibly disgusting deal I've done through WatchUseek.

Anyways- thought it'd make for an interesting Friday read for you folks out there and I wanted some feedback.. what would you do??? If you were in my shoes?

Haven't even brought myself to open the damned box back up.. still sitting there in my office in another closed box, I took at peek at the Tourby though and it's nice.. but now I can't get that smell out of my nose when I see the watch (or that cigarette smell)...

- DavidTsee

UPDATE:
    Thanks for the resounding feedback, everyone!
    First off- I'm an avid seller as well on WUS and other forums and have always taken time to ship correctly / properly.. (see my WUS feedback, much love)
    So I don't understand how you can possibly 'accidentally' wrap up poop while packaging a watch to ship out..
    The location of the feces was INSIDE THE BOX, albeit between the bubble wrap and the outer liner box as seen in the photos.
    Watch and actual Tourby wooden collector's box were intact and not tarnished.. but obviously have some stenches associated with it now.

Seller stated he raises / breeds dogs for a living.. the 'reasoning' I got from him was that the dog must have chosen the bubble wrap to poop in.. and Seller SOMEHOW did NOT smell it, see it (clear bubble wrap, mind you) and packaged it all nicely into the USPS flat rate box I received it in.. sh*t and all.

Last edited by davidtsee; November 1st, 2013 at 23:59. Reason: Update on Location and Whereabouts of Feces

Re: Received watch along with some crap I didn't want (literal: feces) in recent Tourby Deal..

Wait, am I reading this right? Was the dog crap on the outside of the packaging and possibly an inadvertent result of a negligent postal carrier or was it packed inside the shipping box? If it's the latter, that's disgusting and I'd demand an answer. I probably wouldn't hesitate to publicly post their screen name if it was their doing, negligent or intentional.
    Last edited by MZhammer; November 1st, 2013 at 17:52.
    davidtsee likes this.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

Re: Received watch along with some crap I didn't want (literal: feces) in recent Tourby Deal..

I'd send it back...The watch may look nice...But what's it really like?
    You got it from a WUS member?
    davidtsee and at2011 like this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Holy crap! (pun intended)

That is disgusting. If I were you, I'd contact the seller and complain. You should not have to put up with any of his s*** (literally). Accidents may happen, but what you've indicated (the poop was INSIDE the box) is blatant disrespect. Have it returned, poop and all, if possible. Good luck to you.
    at2011 and momedic like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

That's terrible! Sorry to hear your sh** experience... I would probably ask the seller what was the reason for what ever happened, though, good luck in getting any response. I will seriously think very hard if there is any "hope" to salvage the watch.....man, that sucks!

Good luck in what ever action you plan to take.

If I'm reading this correctly, the dog sh*t was inside the packaging?

If that's the case, it's completely unacceptable and I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to call out the seller publicly.

Is this real life?

Inactive

That's just crap / That just stinks !

Send it back - or work a deal out to lose the box completely and replace the strap
    Last edited by watchma; November 1st, 2013 at 18:12.
    davidtsee likes this.

Wait, what???

I'm guessing its some sort of mistake on the sellers part. Maybe he had it packed by somebody else and that somebody held a grudge or something.
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information