Recently had sugery, stuck in bed, but can't stop looking at my new collection!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Recently had sugery, stuck in bed, but can't stop looking at my new collection!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Recently had sugery, stuck in bed, but can't stop looking at my new collection!

Hello everyone, been a member for a while now, but never really posted. I've been on the site everynight for over a year; in fact before going to bed I spend an average of an hour to two hours a night reading post. Things are going to change and I will spend more time adding content.

Anyway I had surgery to removal my tonnsils and repair a deviated septum and fix sinuses. I cannot describe the pain i've been in, tonnsils are hell. When people say it hurts more when your older, they were'nt kidding. Well been reading a lot of watch magazines and reading members post to keep sane. As much as it hurts to move around, I just keep finding myself walking over to my dresser and gazing at my new collection. In the last few months I decided to get rid of all my less refined cheaper watches and upgrade to higher end. I've sold and traded more then fifty watches in a year, now down to seven. kept one quartz "eco-drive" titaniun promaster carbon diver. The rest are quality automatics all above thousand dollar range.

I'm Now part of the Breitling club. Bought my first one, a 2007 super ocean. I love it,
    it is a proffessional tool watch with class. Also just purchased a longines Hydro Conquest, very cool watch, nice and heavy... Reminds me of a Tudar Black Bay with the snow flake hands!
    I've sold all my quartz luminox, but kept my 1601. This was Luminox's first automatic, has a 2824-2 in it, and it was also their first dress watch, really classy looking. My rose gold hamilton open secret is a beauty, as well is my victorinox Ambassador xl with the newer valgranes chrono movement.

There are quite a few watches that i'm looking to one day buy. There all at my friendly local jewelers shops.

1. Omega seamaster coaxial gmt $2900
    2. older Breitling chronomat longitude"39mm" $2200
    3. Breitling super avenger, white face, but i really think it's way too big for me, I have small
    hands. $3800
    4. Rolex submariner two tone st/gd, late 90's model $4200

I want them all, but this would take a miracle

I will probally be buying the chronomat first, it is a little small "39.5mm" but is is very ellegant looking and has receipt for latest servicing for $780.00. Hope to pick it up in a week or two. I had to take three weeks off from work, with bills and no insurance I took a wolliping to the bank acount.

Sorry to blab on, thanks for being a great community!!!!
    Last edited by Strapedforcash; October 8th, 2012 at 19:36.
    Ottovonn and IAMsterdam like this.
    Love is everything!

Re: Recently had sugery, stuck in bed, but can't stop looking at my new collection!

I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Re: Recently had sugery, stuck in bed, but can't stop looking at my new collection!

Get well soon,being hospitalized is really horrible
    I was hospitalized for a week back in July this year,was suffering from dengue fever (it is quite common in this part of the world)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hope you feel better very soon. Would love to see pictures of your collection and definitely pictures of the Chronomat when you pick it up.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

Greetings,

I've been stuck at home after Surgery as well! (Got all four wisdom tooth removed this past Wednesday) Been going through the same motions you have been going through and contemplating what to fill in the three open slots of my watch box ;)

Watches are such amazing works of art. Modern, yet traditional. Fashionable, yet classy.

I hope to pick up a Breitling and Omega one day as well :)
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

Thanks for all the kind words, time heals and will be back to good soon enough!
    I will Summit pictures of my collection and new display case as well, just have to figure out how to use my new digital camera. Last time i posted pictures I used my cell phone. Will be picking up a new one later this weekend; The night i got back from surgury i had my cell phone in my breast pocket, i got real sick from the anesthesia and while puking phone went for a dive in toilet

Can't stop thinking if I should buy the chronomat first or Omega seamaster gmt?
    Love is everything!

I feel your pain. I had surgery for sleep apnea a few years ago and it was brutal. They took my tonsils, adenoids, uvula and part of my soft palette. Keep an eye out for a bunch of white on your tongue and throat. It's called thrush and it's pretty common and adds a lot of pain to an already painful recovery. Get better soon!

Still recovering from a quad tendon rupture...you know you’re getting better when the watch sickness begins to rightfully overtake whatever other unfortunate afflictions you've been saddled with. Next we need to see some pictures - of the watches, not the tonsils or septums! Also, I should warn you that larger pieces, such as the Avenger, are one of the primary causes for deviated septums - particularly among newer watch collectors. It has everything to do with what occurs when Gestalt's Principles collide with Newton's Laws of Motion.

Yeah, you're right. I had it twice, almost exactly a year apart. The first time was worse, the second a little better. Felt like the worse flu imaginable and a horrible non ending headache and eye pain. Stayed in bed for more than a week, couldn't eat, just drink. It took the better part of a month before I started to feel better but a total of about 3 months before I felt normal. Got it both times on the Thai-Cambodian border.

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Get well soon,being hospitalized is really horrible
    I was hospitalized for a week back in July this year,was suffering from dengue fever (it is quite common in this part of the world)

QUOTE=ljb187;5532802]Still recovering from a quad tendon rupture...you know you’re getting better when the watch sickness begins to rightfully overtake whatever other unfortunate afflictions you've been saddled with. Next we need to see some pictures - of the watches, not the tonsils or septums! Also, I should warn you that larger pieces, such as the Avenger, are one of the primary causes for deviated septums - particularly among newer watch collectors. It has everything to do with what occurs when Gestalt's Principles collide with Newton's Laws of Motion.[/QUOTE]

... That made me laugh, and for the record it hurt! I will post pictures soon. Do you think that the chronomat 39.5mm is too small, i'm six foot with shoes on around 185. I got a fairly big upper torso, but my wrist and hands are tiny. Much like carnie hands
    Love is everything!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information