Hello good people of WUS! I have been lurking around for almost a week to find a good watch. So far, I really like the Orient Blue Ray, but there could be a better watch (there always is). I need your experience to make my decision easier.
My budget: $200, that's all I can afford as a high school student.
Features I am looking in a watch:
1. Accuracy: That's my first priority. I don't want a watch with +- 2/3 minutes a month. This is one of the reasons I am going with Orient. Their accuracy seems promising. Casio (ana-digi) watches are tempting, but I can't find a stainless-steel version.
3. Second hand (if present): Smooth movement like Ray. I will happily use a quartz with no second hand. Any watch with no tick/tock.
4. No fancy, bling-bling, diamond, gold (can't afford them anyway). Simple stainless steel.
5. Dial: Not too many numbers, unless the font is small, clean and legible. Blue > Black.
6. Case diameter: Under 50mm.
7. Usability: Anytime, anywhere. In school, in an interview, hiking, (insert any badass physical activities). I want it comfortable.
8. Durability: Not a collector type of person. 17/7 on hand. The watch will not be treated as a barbie doll. Looking forward to 5+ years of usage.
9. Tech: kinetic, automatic, solar.
Not cool enough to have a number 10.