Recommend me a watch

Thread: Recommend me a watch

Recommend me a watch

Ok, I know I might be a bit "picky" with what I want (so my girlfriend seems to think) but I truly don't think so. I have been looking around for quite a while now and seem to be more interested in the unique forum made watches out there. Things like the Bali Ha'i Project, and Orange Watch Company strike my fancy. Those style of watches, that are kind of homages with their own uniqueness. I also really, really like the Kobold/Uhr Mechanik style watches too (just throwing that out there).

I really want a mechanical watch, preferrably an automatic, but I honestly think I would be ok having a manual wind watch as well, as it fits my character. It must have a clean face, no (or very few) numbers, and good luminosity (very important for me as I work at night)

I e-mailed OWC earlier and the response was very pleasant, but he said he had no watches currently and the next ones will start production in a few weeks likely, but would be more expensive. He didn't say how much more expensive, but he said he'd change the movement in some way. Bali Ha'i doesn't have any mechanical watches currently, but looking at the price of their Q, I bet it would be out of my price range.

So what is my price range? Ideally 300-400. I just can't really go much more than 400 (so none of this suggesting 2k watches like I see in so many threads around here)

So what do you guys recommend?

Re: Recommend me a watch

Bar the fact it has awful lume the Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor would be a great choice for you and way under budget.

Another option would be the Seiko Orange Monster - great looks and awesome lume. Again available significantly under your budget.
    Ball | Bulova | Casio | CWC | HMT | Invicta | Nomos | Omega | Orient | Rolex | Seagull | Seiko | Shanghai | Timex | Vostok

Thanks for the suggestions. The seiko is close to what I'm looking for, but the face looks a bit busy to me with all the numbers and writing. I have nothing against the day and date window, but the other numbers just don't need to be there in my opinion. The Bernhardt just doesn't really appeal to me for some reason, probably because of the large numbers instead of just lines

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Steinhart Aviation !?!?!?

Magrette Moana

MKII paradive

Those are all nice watches, but all out of my price range unless I went used. The Paradive still likely won't be in my price range used either.
    The Moana is pretty attractive I have to admit though. The aviation with the orange is nice, but for some reason I just never like the feel of square watches on my wrist.

Banned

Banned

Or you could save up and get one of these...

Thanks for the suggestions. All a bit out of my price range (except the Omega which is 5 times the price I want to spend and I will likely never be able to buy). I have to admit, I do have a fondness for Stowa for some reason. The Seatimer is out of my price range new, I might see if there's a nice used one for sale though. What's the one after the Stowa? The symbol looks like a Bomb Frog, but the watch itself doesn't.

EDIT: I just made a reasonable offer on a Boschett Reef Ranger Cyclops in the for sale section. Looks to be in very good condition, and fits all my criteria. Hopefully I can get it. Thanks for your help guys!
    Last edited by mrcandyman; December 30th, 2010 at 08:05.

Thread Information