WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Recommend me a white/silver dial watch

2K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  denmanproject 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking of a white or silver dial watch to round out my collection. I realized all of my watches are either black or blue dialed and I wanted a white dial that goes well with a blue strap. I want something close to the IWC 3714-46 but since I already have a black 3714 I wanted something different, my requirements are:

Case diameter: 38-42mm
Case thickness: less than 13 mm, preferably thinner
Hands and number color: anything but rose/gold, blue preferred
Price range: Anything from $500-$5000
Style: Something not TOO dressy, I would like to be able to dress down with that watch, other than that anything goes

Please no NOMOS watches. I tried the tangente and the orion earlier this month but was not fan of the lugs.

Thanks guys and please send me anything! Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated!

#2 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking of a white or silver dial watch to round out my collection. I realized all of my watches are either black or blue dialed and I wanted a white dial that goes well with a blue strap. I want something close to the IWC 3714-46 but since I already have a black 3714 I wanted something different, my requirements are:

Case diameter: 38-42mm
Case thickness: less than 13 mm, preferably thinner
Hands and number color: anything but rose/gold, blue preferred
Price range: Anything from $500-$5000
Style: Something not TOO dressy, I would like to be able to dress down with that watch, other than that anything goes

Please no NOMOS watches. I tried the tangente and the orion earlier this month but was not fan of the lugs.

Thanks guys and please send me anything! Any suggestion is welcome and appreciated!
This thing is built like a tank and looks great...Hamilton Pilot H64425555.

I am 3 months into a 1 year field test with this watch and it's humming along nicely

Attachments

#10 ·
I really like this watch, I never thought of getting a pilot watch but it's a really good size for my small wrist and super thin. My only concern is that it's a 14mm lug width, am I reading that right?

The first thing that comes to mind is a marine/deck watch. Casual style, blue hands. Maybe a Stowa?

For something with a cool "hook", the Tourby Marine Silver has a dial made of Sterling silver. 42mm x 11mm...
Ooh I do like the Tourby but I don't know that brand at all, I would have to read up on it, which Stowa are you recommending?

Sorry the seiko is too dressy for me :(

IMHO, there is no other watch worth considering.
If I wanted the nomos then I wouldn't be asking for a recommendation haha.

Tag Heuer Carrera WAS2111 - 39mm/12.6mm thick.
View attachment 7570002
I don't know why I'm not a big fan of the style. Maybe it's the hands? Do you have a picture of the watch with leather straps?

My archimede deck watch. The hands are flame blued but it gets hard to tell in some pictures. The stowa is on my to get list. I've stated several times that I'm a huge fan of white dials.

Another pic in different lighting showing the hands.
Love this watch, I actually like how the hand color changes!

#11 · (Edited)
This is wayy too big :( It's listed at 47.5mm and the max I can go is probably 42mm.

+1 to the Longines; really hits all your requirements nicely and it is a classy watch that can dress down, if need be. Grand Seiko might have something of interest for you (quartz lineup, to get it thinner). You could also wade through the hundreds of Christopher Ward options...
Grand Seiko is really nice but I would actually prefer an automatic and I don't know why I was never a fan of Christopher Ward's brand.

#9 ·
+1 to the Longines; really hits all your requirements nicely and it is a classy watch that can dress down, if need be. Grand Seiko might have something of interest for you (quartz lineup, to get it thinner). You could also wade through the hundreds of Christopher Ward options...

#21 · (Edited)
Hamilton Navy Pioneer

Sent from deez nutz.

Reactions: kinwah
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.