Recommendation - watch for my wife to be
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recommendation - watch for my wife to be

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommendation - watch for my wife to be

After a a few years of dealing with my ridiculous obsession with watches, my fiance has finally started to show some interest and appreciation of her own (every watch nerd's dream). To date, she has only worn designer brands like Michael Kors and Coach but she was thinking about branching out into the world of mechanical watches. It has now become my sole mission in life to find her a great "first" watch.

A few months back she pointed out a watch that she really liked - a chronograph with a black dial, rose gold case and black leather strap. Unfortunately, that watch was made by the hot pile of garbage that call themselves MVMT https://www.mvmtwatches.com/collections/nova-collection/products/vela?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla. I'm having a hell of a time finding something similar and I'm hoping that one of my fellow nerds might have a recommendation. The black dial, rose case and automatic movement are kind of a must here. I'm flexible on the price but acknowledging that we have a wedding coming up, it would be great if I could keep it under $1000.

Help a brother out.

Re: Recommendation - watch for my wife to be

Both of these are men's watches, and, while Edox is probably a bit large at 42mm, RW is only 39mm - pretty close to MVMT she liked.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I came across this one, but I don't know the brand and it's probably of similar quality as the MVM: https://lachlannwatches.com/products...old-black-face

Here's another one but more appropriately priced: https://www.banggood.com/OCHSTIN-605...r_warehouse=CN

Maybe this one with a Seiko movement is the best of the bunch so far? (second watch if you scroll down): https://masterhorologer.com/2015/05/...nd-steel-case/

Or another one from a brand I don't know with an ETA movement: Mega Relojes: Uniform Wares 302 Series Watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

"Watch for wife to be"

"but she was thinking about branching out into the world of mechanical watches"

"A few months back she pointed out a watch that she really liked"

"that watch was made by the hot pile of garbage"

Really? None of this adds up. Does she want a mechanical watch or are you convincing her to get one?
    The MVMT watch she really liked was just in terms of style? If she actually did like that watch, may I strongly suggest you buy it and leave your preferences aside.

As someone who has been married a long time, I'm going to give you some advice. Get a budget in mind, and let her pick it out. You can help by listing off some good brands, but trust me, she'll be happier if she picks what she likes. You wouldnt want her picking out YOUR watch would you?
    jilgiljongiljing likes this.

Some of the Swatch Group brands offer rose gold (looking) cases with black dials. Check out Hamilton, Mido, and Tissot.

I agree, tread carefully if she’s new to it!

The TISSOT DRESSPORT looks very similar to the MVM. https://us.tissotshop.com/women/t-la...graph-5-1.html

Take her watch shopping and let her select the watch she wants to wear.

A watch is a personal item and she will have her preferences. The chances of you (or anyone else) getting it right are close to nil.

Course you can't. Leaving aside all the other criteria for a moment - an auto chrono under $1K is a rare thing. Either look for a black dial, rose gold, quartz chrono or a black dial, rose gold, auto time-only.

BTW, rose gold under $1K means coated metal that will scratch.
    Zenith A386 & RG Revival | ​Heuer Carrera | Gubelin V72 | Ω Speedy '57 Trilogy | Tudor Sub | Rolex Explorer & DJ | Breguet Classique | Nomos Minimatik | Squale Medium

WPAC member

My advice: Dump the chrono requirement and show her the Junghans Max Bill Ladies collection. I'll bet that works out for you.
    A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Annual Calendar | Glashütte Original Senator Observer | Rolex GMT-II 116710 BLNR | Panerai 00524 Flyback | Tudor Pelagos | Magrette Dual Time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information