WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Recommendations for couple watch

1K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  kepa 
#1 ·
Our 5-year anniversary is coming and we look for recommendations for our couple watch. My wife also loves watches and she shows her appreciation over understated, elegant timepieces such as the likes of Longines elegant collection or Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso. We did go in some ADs and tried on the popular couple watches like Rolex Datejust, and Omega Aqua Terra but she doesn't like those much.

Can you recommend some other options? Out budget is around $15k for 2 watches.

Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
#6 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. We did look into Nomos Orion and Tangente but she thinks the Orion looks so much alike DW LOL...she's not a WIS btw LOL. But she does dig those kinds of style. The others are like different watches, not genuine couple watch (basically same watch, just different size like rolex DJ or Omega AT). We'll see :).

#7 ·
Set of Cartier Tank Francaise or a set of Ballon Bleu.(and all their models in between)

View attachment 7610482

Haha we did go to Cartier AD and looked for the Tank solo ans Francaise. Those Tanks surely look good on pictures but when we tried on our wrists, we don't feel special.

Those Rolex Yatchmastera are certainly nice but they are out of our range LOL. Surprisingly, she's kinda into a black dial DJ even though I thought silver dial would be better choice. LOL

#5 ·
Congrats on the anniversary. Lots of good suggestions, hope you find a pair that suits you both. The Cartier seems like good suggestion, or the Reverso.

Just FYI, the traditional gift for the 15th anniversary is watches, so my wife and I got each other Seikos. She got me the Monster, and I got her a mid-sized Seiko 5 with world time bezel. (Yeah, we fish in a different pond than you do. :) But it's the thought that counts.)

#8 ·
Thanks. Congrats on your 15th. Hope you guys keep it ticking like the reliable Seiko watches. We're fishing in normal pond too and we didn't buy any watches for our wedding so this 5th annie should make up for it. I'm not sure what to buy in our 15th but surely not watches. Wear them in good health. I have a monster myself too and love it every day.

#15 ·
Cartier Santos pairing would be another option; I kept showing my wife the Santos 100 XL and she kept rejecting it, then she stopped by the Cartier boutique and tried on the Santos 100 M...

Rolex pairing seems like a nice idea, too; maybe the 36mm with black dial for her, and the new bigger Datejust for you with a complementary dial color.

Speedmaster Pro for you, Speedmaster Automatic/reduced for her?

#16 · (Edited)
Rolex pairing seems like a nice idea, too; maybe the 36mm with black dial for her, and the new bigger Datejust for you with a complementary dial color.

Speedmaster Pro for you, Speedmaster Automatic/reduced for her?
Cartier Santos might be too masculine for her like. Right now our option stops at either JLC reverso classic or Rolex Datejust black dial with fluted bezel. I'm thinking of 36 for myself and 28 or 26 for her since we're not into big watches. I didn't think of the Speedmasters option so thanks :)

#24 ·
My lady likes understated simple style. She wears her Longines La grande classique every day. She's not into Nomos yet because she thinksNomos Tangente looks like her Longines, and the Orion's looks like DW, aesthetically of course. LOL. So for now the JLC Reverso stands out as the square/rectangular shape. Her Datejust interest is really a surprise to me. Maybe it's different from her other watches.

#23 · (Edited)
Here's what my wife and I are going for:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

*Not to scale. I didn't bother to find pics that were the same size.

Reactions: siriusstar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.