Recommendations for couple watch
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Recommendations for couple watch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Member siriusstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    264

    Recommendations for couple watch

    Our 5-year anniversary is coming and we look for recommendations for our couple watch. My wife also loves watches and she shows her appreciation over understated, elegant timepieces such as the likes of Longines elegant collection or Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso. We did go in some ADs and tried on the popular couple watches like Rolex Datejust, and Omega Aqua Terra but she doesn't like those much.

    Can you recommend some other options? Out budget is around $15k for 2 watches.

    Thank you all in advance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    ATL Metro
    Posts
    2,683

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Wow...lots of options come to mind. Here are a few:

    1. Omega: Ladymatic (for her), Aqua Terra (for you)
    2. Nomos: Orion 33 (for her), Orion Midnight Edition (for you)
    3. Muhle Glashutte: Teutonia II Quadrant Lady (for her), Teutonia II Quadrant Chrono (for you)
    4. Vulcain: First Lady (for her), 50s Presidents (for you)
    5. Glashutte Original: Pavonina (for her), 70s Panorama Date (for you)

    Options 2 and 3 will save you enough money to take her to Hawaii for a nice anniversary trip.
    siriusstar and schrop like this.

  3. #3
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Set of Cartier Tank Francaise or a set of Ballon Bleu.(and all their models in between)

    Name:  cartierbb.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  10.5 KB



    Attached Images Attached Images

    Last edited by MisterHo; March 29th, 2016 at 21:41.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    For a budget buster: Yachtmaster in 40mm and 35mm. I like the blue dial 116622-0001!
    Reloj Rolex Yacht-Master - Rolex: Relojes de Lujo Suizos

    I have a Twotone YM midsize and my wife the smaller one(though that size is out of production)
    siriusstar likes this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




  6. #5
    Member rfortson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    10,468

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Congrats on the anniversary. Lots of good suggestions, hope you find a pair that suits you both. The Cartier seems like good suggestion, or the Reverso.

    Just FYI, the traditional gift for the 15th anniversary is watches, so my wife and I got each other Seikos. She got me the Monster, and I got her a mid-sized Seiko 5 with world time bezel. (Yeah, we fish in a different pond than you do. :) But it's the thought that counts.)
    siriusstar likes this.

  7. #6
    Member siriusstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    264

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Quote Originally Posted by ajbutler13 View Post
    Wow...lots of options come to mind. Here are a few:

    1. Omega: Ladymatic (for her), Aqua Terra (for you)
    2. Nomos: Orion 33 (for her), Orion Midnight Edition (for you)
    3. Muhle Glashutte: Teutonia II Quadrant Lady (for her), Teutonia II Quadrant Chrono (for you)
    4. Vulcain: First Lady (for her), 50s Presidents (for you)
    5. Glashutte Original: Pavonina (for her), 70s Panorama Date (for you)

    Options 2 and 3 will save you enough money to take her to Hawaii for a nice anniversary trip.
    Thanks for your suggestions. We did look into Nomos Orion and Tangente but she thinks the Orion looks so much alike DW LOL...she's not a WIS btw LOL. But she does dig those kinds of style. The others are like different watches, not genuine couple watch (basically same watch, just different size like rolex DJ or Omega AT). We'll see :).

  8. #7
    Member siriusstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    264

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterHo View Post
    Set of Cartier Tank Francaise or a set of Ballon Bleu.(and all their models in between)

    Name:  cartierbb.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  10.5 KB



    Haha we did go to Cartier AD and looked for the Tank solo ans Francaise. Those Tanks surely look good on pictures but when we tried on our wrists, we don't feel special.

    Those Rolex Yatchmastera are certainly nice but they are out of our range LOL. Surprisingly, she's kinda into a black dial DJ even though I thought silver dial would be better choice. LOL
    MisterHo likes this.

  9. #8
    Member siriusstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    264

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Congrats on the anniversary. Lots of good suggestions, hope you find a pair that suits you both. The Cartier seems like good suggestion, or the Reverso.

    Just FYI, the traditional gift for the 15th anniversary is watches, so my wife and I got each other Seikos. She got me the Monster, and I got her a mid-sized Seiko 5 with world time bezel. (Yeah, we fish in a different pond than you do. :) But it's the thought that counts.)
    Thanks. Congrats on your 15th. Hope you guys keep it ticking like the reliable Seiko watches. We're fishing in normal pond too and we didn't buy any watches for our wedding so this 5th annie should make up for it. I'm not sure what to buy in our 15th but surely not watches. Wear them in good health. I have a monster myself too and love it every day.
    rfortson likes this.

  10. #9
    Member dbakiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    3,661

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Couples watches? Is that a thing?

    Reminds me of "couples massages" which kind of creeps me out.
    MisterHo likes this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."


  11. #10
    Member MisterHo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Mi Costa es su Costa
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Recommendations for couple watch

    Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Couples watches? Is that a thing?

    Reminds me of "couples massages" which kind of creeps me out.

    Yep Asians tend to get "couple" watches when marrying.

    OP maybe Breitling? Galactic series. This one is in 32mm, there is a "men" version in 41mm
    Name:  breitling32.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  25.8 KB
    Breitling Galactic 32 Silver Dial Ladies Watch A71356L2-G702SS - Galactic 32 - Galactic - Breitling - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop

    Breitling Galactic 41 Silver Dial Stainless Steel Men's Watch A49350L2-G699SS - Galactic 41 - Galactic - Breitling - Shop Watches by Brand - Jomashop


    siriusstar likes this.
    #14 and D10S Forever. Grącies and R.I.P Johan.




Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Receiv'd empty watch box w/ no watch from Biggles3 -- recommendations for sellers/buyers
      By grimloktt in forum Watch Deals, Feedback & Reputation
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: August 17th, 2016, 16:01
    2. Replies: 1
      Last Post: March 29th, 2014, 13:35
    3. Replies: 11
      Last Post: December 21st, 2013, 17:13
    4. Replies: 12
      Last Post: February 10th, 2013, 05:21
    5. Replies: 11
      Last Post: November 26th, 2010, 16:04

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •