Recommendations for servicing a JLC on the West Coast

Thread: Recommendations for servicing a JLC on the West Coast

Recommendations for servicing a JLC on the West Coast

It's about time to get my JLC Reverso serviced (running about a minute a day fast, and the case scuffs are starting to get noticeable). Any recommendations on where to have it done? I looked at having it done by JLC, but it would take over six months and I'm not really excited to have my watch gone that long. I'm in Los Angeles, and a quick Googling turned up West Coast Watch Service Center, but the online reviews are thin and I'd like to ensure I get it done right. Would prefer to stay local, but am willing to ship it to the right guy to have it done.

Re: Recommendations for servicing a JLC on the West Coast

I'm in the Bay Area and Setrak does a great job. San Francisco Watch Repair | Setrak's Watch Repair He has a good backlog and takes about a month. They're always very nicely regulated and keep excellent time after he services them. I'm guessing around $500.
    A simple JLC reverso movement is very robust, probably won't need any new parts and if it does are easy to get. They do a very nice job on the cases as well.

Re: Recommendations for servicing a JLC on the West Coast

Not near you, but The Tick Tock Shop in Santa Clara (Bay Area) specializes in JLC.

Last time I was in, to have my Speedy serviced, he had twenty JLC clocks he was servicing for a regular client. Very reasonable prices, took,care of me.

Tick Tock Shop - Home
    Nomos Zürich Weltzeit • Omega Speedmaster Pro • Sinn UX

Thread Information