Regarding Sinn U1 on the sale's corner

Thread: Regarding Sinn U1 on the sale's corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Regarding Sinn U1 on the sale's corner

Members, I am the one who BOUGHT the watch from Olugbo. :gold

I am Chuck (ttsugar) from Taiwan, I am relatively new here but not so new on SCWF.

From the way some people reacting toward his post, I am sure when I received the watch and posted pictures, they wll start something like I am into this with him.

By the way, here is the Fedex tracking number for those who will be interested.

8578 0698 3995

Hard to believe how ignorant these people can be.

Chuck (ttsugar)

Re: Regarding Sinn U1 on the sale's corner

Quote Originally Posted by ttsugar View Post
    Members, I am the one who BOUGHT the watch from Olugbo. :gold

I am Chuck (ttsugar) from Taiwan, I am relatively new here but not so new on SCWF.

From the way some people reacting toward his post, I am sure when I received the watch and posted pictures, they wll start something like I am into this with him.

By the way, here is the Fedex tracking number for those who will be interested.

8578 0698 3995

Hard to believe how ignorant these people can be.

Chuck (ttsugar)
    I wonder if I can call FedEx and have them divert that package to my house.

Just kidding... hope it all works out for you. Thats a nice watch for a nice price. Good luck.
    - Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

Maybe the seller of this piece is a great, trustworthy person. And maybe you are (or aren't) buying the watch. I understand that some of the posts may have been taken as an insult. But please, try to see that the entire offer is very, very strange, and very, very suspect. Most people on this board, and all over the U.S. for that matter, recieve numerous scam emails of African origin offering GREAT DEALS, if you'll only provide an account number, etc etc. The fact that he's in Africa is fine, and if he's legit thats fine, too. But normal sellers don't offer to ship a watch and then pay for it after. The only way that works in the legitimate world is if both parties agree to use an escrow account.

I guess what i'm saying is don't jump on wary WUS shoppers, and label them ignorant for calling out, and commenting on a VERY SUSPICIOUS post to be just that; VERY SUSPICIOUS. I think it's more ignorant of you to not admit you are partaking in a SHADY deal. period. If it works out for you, great. If not, don't say we didn't tell you so.
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dtmartin46 View Post
    Maybe the seller of this piece is a great, trustworthy person. And maybe you are (or aren't) buying the watch. I understand that some of the posts may have been taken as an insult. But please, try to see that the entire offer is very, very strange, and very, very suspect. Most people on this board, and all over the U.S. for that matter, recieve numerous scam emails of African origin offering GREAT DEALS, if you'll only provide an account number, etc etc. The fact that he's in Africa is fine, and if he's legit thats fine, too. But normal sellers don't offer to ship a watch and then pay for it after. The only way that works in the legitimate world is if both parties agree to use an escrow account.

I guess what i'm saying is don't jump on wary WUS shoppers, and label them ignorant for calling out, and commenting on a VERY SUSPICIOUS post to be just that; VERY SUSPICIOUS. I think it's more ignorant of you to not admit you are partaking in a SHADY deal. period. If it works out for you, great. If not, don't say we didn't tell you so.
    You're missing the whole point. I agree on the scam part.

What went wrong with these people are "When they were given ref., they ignored and keep attacking."

THAT IS THE PROBLEM! AND THAT IS IGNORANT!

and I did not "jump on wary WUS shoppers", I jumped on those just want a piece of fun on that topic.
    Last edited by ttsugar; March 16th, 2007 at 05:35.

Quote Originally Posted by dtmartin46 View Post

Wow. It seems a bit early to call it shady. Unorthodox, yes. Shady remains to be seen. If I understand the deal correctly, Chuck is taking on no risk whatsoever (please tell us your not giving out any account #s Chuck). If it works out, Chuck gets a great deal. If not, he's out, what, a few minutes worth of wasted emails? What is there to give him a big "we told you so" about?

Seiko SKXA53

Citizen NY0040
    Citizen NY2300
    Hamilton Khaki
    Wenger Terragraph
    Casio GW-5600

Quote Originally Posted by joppinger View Post
    Wow. It seems a bit early to call it shady. Unorthodox, yes. Shady remains to be seen. If I understand the deal correctly, Chuck is taking on no risk whatsoever (please tell us your not giving out any account #s Chuck). If it works out, Chuck gets a great deal. If not, he's out, what, a few minutes worth of wasted emails? What is there to give him a big "we told you so" about?
    Thanks!

As I already stated, I bought a Seiko MM from Olugbo and all went well.

All he needed was my address to send the watch down via FedEx, I was offered all the time to inspect and check the watch before sending payment.

If, I meant IF I got scammed this way, a big cheer for the seller because he out-smart me and my money is not safe with me ANYWAY. lol

I think what Olugbo missed was someone "STRONG & WELL KNOWN" to back him up. Still, I don't believe he deserved all those personal attacks.

Chuck, I have dealt with you and you were nothing but polite and easy to deal with, I assume Olugo is the same, and is trying his best based on the fact it is difficult to set up a sale in his country ( not his fault)
    so the deal to check out the watch first and then send money seems more in your favor so I say pls post the watch when you get it and let us know how it all went, it sounds like you just got a deal on a U-boat.
    Regards
    Robt
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsugar View Post
    Thanks!

As I already stated, I bought a Seiko MM from Olugbo and all went well.

All he needed was my address to send the watch down via FedEx, I was offered all the time to inspect and check the watch before sending payment.

If, I meant IF I got scammed this way, a big cheer for the seller because he out-smart me and my money is not safe with me ANYWAY. lol

I think what Olugbo missed was someone "STRONG & WELL KNOWN" to back him up. Still, I don't believe he deserved all those personal attacks.
    " For watches there's always TIME "

I was asked what the time was that was on my watch ?
    Does anybody really know what time it is ?
    Does anybody really care ?
    If so I can't imagine why..........
    I do, I do, I do care about time.
    (Thanks R Lamm)

Quote Originally Posted by 3hospitals View Post
    Chuck, I have dealt with you and you were nothing but polite and easy to deal with, I assume Olugo is the same, and is trying his best based on the fact it is difficult to set up a sale in his country ( not his fault)
    so the deal to check out the watch first and then send money seems more in your favor so I say pls post the watch when you get it and let us know how it all went, it sounds like you just got a deal on a U-boat.
    Regards
    Robt
    Thanks!!

btw, the Antarctica has been away for 2 YEARS already??

Well, like i said, if you get a ridiculously good deal on a watch thats awesome. More power too you. Seriously.

But I don't think that the comments made on that thread should be categorized as personal attacks. Some people might look at them as perfectly normal responses to a strange posting.

People need to be responsible for the things they type. For instance, i'm perfectly ok with being flamed for anything i'm typing in this thread, since obviously you guys feel strongly about it, and are opposed to my point of view. Thats ok with me. Along the same vein, i don't think it's out of line to say that the original poster, (and others defending him) should have expected to see the responses that came, and not look at them as coming from ignorant people, or that their comments were unwarranted.

I know i risked offending someone, and i'm sorry if i have. Honestly. I just figured i'd jump in the fray and offer some discourse on this becuase i have personal experiences with online fraud, and almost being ripped off. (Not for a watch, tho) I hope i didn't ruin anyones visit to the forums with negativity. Wasn't my intention. Discussing things like this is the reason why the forums are great. Who knows, maybe this will start a new trend with WUS, and we'll see more transactions like this in the future? Hahah, sorry couldn't resist a little good natured humor...

Anyway, nuff said. Like other posters have said, in all sincerity, i hope you get your new Sinn very soon, and wear it in good health!
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

They call it "character assassination" for a reason. It's a shame that so many of the other posters chose to taunt and attack rather than politely investigate or report concerns to moderators. There is a right way to voice concerns about a sales post; sadly, the procedure wasn't followed. Now the seller has been offended needlessly.

Chuck, this incident just evidences further that you are the WIS gold standard. As one of many who are familiar with your activities on SCWF/SCTF and who have had transactions with you, I appreciate the way you've handled this. Not everyone takes the high road. I'm glad you have.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information