Registered Mail Tracking Help?

Thread: Registered Mail Tracking Help?

Registered Mail Tracking Help?

Merry Christmas gents!

I just have a quick question from those of you who are used to dealing with international snail mail. I ordered some parts from Jake on the 9th, and he got them out quite quickly. I am beginning to get concerned that my package has been lost though, as the last scan was 10 days ago today. Is this normal? Usually I pay for EMS or FedEx but I didn't think to ask....

Thanks Guys!

Processed Through Sort Facility
    December 15, 2012, 11:39 am
    HONG KONG, HONG KONG
    Registered Mail

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance
    December 10, 2012, 3:51 pm
    HONG KONG
    Cheers,
    Mike

Re: Registered Mail Tracking Help?

I have an insert incoming, last update was on the 19th. From my experience it takes about 1-1,5 weeks for shipment to enter my country then I see updates again. There is probably lot of package traffic right now due to Holiday Season.
    Cheers,
    Josip

If they were sent registered mail then I would expect slower service than for priority or express especially so during the holidays. Registered is usually used for securities and the like. You should contact the post office when they reopen.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

My package from China took almost exactly 2 weeks and yes, that status sits there for a LONG time before it updates.

I expect that the package will take about a week more since it is that time of the year where post office is very very busy.
    Chronic flipper...

Thanks Gents. I will give USPS a call tomorrow and see if they have any information on it.
    Cheers,
    Mike

I've had similar experiences with airmail/registered mail from China and HK. It takes 2 weeks on average and I usually don't see any tracking until it hits my local PO; sometimes I see updates when it enters customs.

lvt

Don't count on registered mail's online tracking system, the receipt number is mainly used for internal tracking / investigation. It usually stops after the depart from the original country and all you can do is to pray for it to arrive safely. It's equivalent to USPS's First-Class Mail in the US which has a tracking number but some packages are scanned periodically while others aren't. All trackings of my small packages sent from the US with 1st Class stop with "Depart USPS Sort Facility" as the last information, it won't change for eternity even if I already received the packages long ago.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Well I called USPS this morning and the woman on the phone told me that they were considering it lost since it had taken more than 5 caledar days to get from Hong Kong to the US. I emailed Jake and we're going to just sit and wait for a while. Thanks for the advice guys!
    Cheers,
    Mike

Thread Information