Reincarnation - Page 3
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Reincarnation

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by inhaus View Post
    can't say for sure, but it's highly suspect IMO, the dial looks new. Try and take some close up good quality pics when you get it and someone will likely chime in one way or the other. I will say 2k is STEEP for one of those franken watches though...
    I will do that for sure, in the meantime I went with faith in the seller's reputation (100%) and being a jeweler and Ebay's money back guarantee , so will see how it plays ( I was under the impression from the limited research I've done, that pocket watches of known brands like IWC, Omega, and the likes, go for WAAAY less than the wrist watches of same brand.
    One watch at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabadabadoo View Post
    ( I was under the impression from the limited research I've done, that pocket watches of known brands like IWC, Omega, and the likes, go for WAAAY less than the wrist watches of same brand.
    I have read this.....Also,that allot of fake conversions come out of a certain Eastern European country too.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Quote Originally Posted by inhaus View Post
    also looking at it, it appears that they might have repainted the dial and put the 12 oclock marker where the 9 would be to rotate the small seconds to the 9 position to make it look less like a pocket watch which screams red flag to me. The crown being aligned with the seconds at 9 and 3 kind of confirms that... I would say definitely repainted dial.
    Well it is going back if this is true, since seller stated clearly " Beautiful Patek Philippe movement has been recased into this modern-day stainless steel case. Original porcelain dial, and original movement."
    One watch at a time!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

While I'm sure that a number of the comments are similar in both threads, I started this thread last week and got some good advise.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/wris...a-1469169.html

BTW, I still haven't decided if I'm going to take the plunge, but I'll let y'all know!
    Michael

The Better
    Rolex Oysterquartz day/date 19018 (yellow gold); Rolex Oyster Perpetual day/date 18039 (white gold); Rolex Yachtmaster 116622; Omega Seamaster Co-Axial Professional 2220.80; Eterna KonTiki Date 1220.41.63.0268; Ball Engineer Master II Aviator GMT GM1086C-L1-BK; Franck Muller Casablanca 5850 (Salmon dial); Panerai Luminor Marina PAM 111; Frederic Constant Vintage Rally Healey GMT FC350CH5B4

The Good
    Smiths Everest PRS-25, Seiko SKX009 Seiko Mini Ice Monster SRP481K1 Tissot T-Race T472; Technomarine Yacht; Citizen Aqualand (circa 1989); Swiss Legend Sprinter; Stuhrling Adamas Open Heart Regulator; Shinola Runwell 41mm; Raymond Weil Tango 5560; Benrus Curvex (Circa 1930); Seiko 5 Automatic SNK805

Quote Originally Posted by chefmhf View Post
    While I'm sure that a number of the comments are similar in both threads, I started this thread last week and got some good advise.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/wris...a-1469169.html

BTW, I still haven't decided if I'm going to take the plunge, but I'll let y'all know!
    Thank you, that is helpful, if you still interested I found this guy http://www.ebay.com/sch/computersgad...p2047675.l2562
    He seems ligit and I bought one of his watches ( arriving today) he addressed the shock protection issue, and he is a member of NAWCC if that means something Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422557855.088466.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  43.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422557884.104866.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  43.0 KB
    One watch at a time!

That's clearly a redial, no pocket watch has that kind of configuration, where the crown is at the 3 o'clock location, and the petite seconds is that the 9 o'clock position. The bow of the pocket watch (to which the chain is attached) also protects the crown, and it is usually at the 12 o'clock position, in that case, the petite seconds will be located at the 6 o'clock position. This is why many wrist watches which use a movement originally designed for pocket watches (like the ETA/Unitas 6497), have the petite seconds at 9 o'clock instead.
    inhaus likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    That's clearly a redial, no pocket watch has that kind of configuration, where the crown is at the 3 o'clock location, and the petite seconds is that the 9 o'clock position. The bow of the pocket watch (to which the chain is attached) also protects the crown, and it is usually at the 12 o'clock position, in that case, the petite seconds will be located at the 6 o'clock position. This is why many wrist watches which use a movement originally designed for pocket watches (like the ETA/Unitas 6497), have the petite seconds at 9 o'clock instead.
    If you are referring to the photo of one Caravelle with yellow band, yes I knew that and the seller stated that, but the discussion is about the "Patek Phillippe" on the first page, could you give an opinion ? Greatly appreciated.
    One watch at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabadabadoo View Post
    If you are referring to the photo of one Caravelle with yellow band, yes I knew that and the seller stated that, but the discussion is about the "Patek Phillippe" on the first page, could you give an opinion ? Greatly appreciated.
    I was referring to the Patek.
    inhaus likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    This. The dial is a redial/ fabrication.

The movement though actually surprising looks real.
    Olma, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Elektronika, Airavata, Elgin

My Mods: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/fin...d-1058328.html

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    This. The dial is a redial/ fabrication.

The movement though actually surprising looks real.
    The movement does look good, with anglage, nicely decorated bridges, and countersunk screw holes. I know some of the high end American pocket watches have gold gear trains as a means of avoiding the effects of magnetism, but I don't know if Patek movements featured this routinely.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information