(relatively) Cheap hamilton khaki VS. (relatively) expensive modded seiko 5
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: (relatively) Cheap hamilton khaki VS. (relatively) expensive modded seiko 5

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

(relatively) Cheap hamilton khaki VS. (relatively) expensive modded seiko 5

Hi! I'm looking at two watches: a hamilton khaki H69419933, and a modded seiko 5. The hamilton khaki is about 100 dollars more expensive than the seiko.(Hamilton=250, seiko 5=150) this is mostly an opinion question, but which do you guys like better? And do you think the hamilton is worth more? (If it helps, I have limited funds, and I have a small wrist.) Any advice helps!
    Name:  hkfm2.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  117.8 KB

Vs.

Last edited by cp235; April 7th, 2015 at 02:34.

Re: (relatively) Cheap hamilton khaki VS. (relatively) expensive modded seiko 5

The Hamilton is slightly nicer and Im not a fan of the moded Seiko here. Both are 38mm, so fit smaller wrists.
    One thing to consider is that Hamilton is hand-wound, not automatic, so will need to wind daily.Seiko is automatic, but no hacking.

If funds are an issue, I'd look at unmodded Seiko 5. If can afford the Hamilton it's a better choice here.
    GlennO likes this.

I like the seiko because it looks simpler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hamilton.

I think you'll get more life and distance out of it. The Hamilton's aesthetics will age a lot more graciously than the modded Seiko. In your hands and on your wrist, the Hamilton will feel a lot more cohesive being stock, o.e. I think 10 or even 5 years down the road, you'll look at the Hamilton and still like it - your style and taste may change, but you will still respect it. The modded Seiko may be a flash-in-the-pan for you. And if you decided to sell it, you're going to get more of your money back with the Hamilton. And ultimately, the Hamilton is a $250 watch, while the modded Seiko is $50-$60 watch with lipstick.

Get the Hamilton. Your future self will thank your present self.
    chuasam and yegon like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Modded Seiko

I have the SNK803, I'm not even a big fan of Hamilton, and yet still I would recommend the Hamilton.

The Seiko is a nice little watch, but even as a fan of Seiko, I would say it's one step above a Timex. I don't care how it was modded, it isn't worth $150 ... if you wanted a Seiko, you'd be better off buying the SNZG09 for $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    Modded Seiko
    Can you all believe it? Domo recommending a Seiko???????? Is that still you buddy?
    watch_hor and obomomomo like this.
    The grail:

The Hamilton Khaki Field mechanical is a wonderful watch, and highly evocative of the vintage field watches. I recommend it highly.

tfinnan likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I was actually looking at the seiko sports range, but I've heard that they're pretty huge. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by Swans21 View Post
    I have the SNK803, I'm not even a big fan of Hamilton, and yet still I would recommend the Hamilton.
    I agree. There's a lot of historical coolness there that the modded Seiko lacks.

Ps..I'm guessing you're a big fan of Ben McGlynn?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information