Repair a watch originally purchased through the gray market

Thread: Repair a watch originally purchased through the gray market

Repair a watch originally purchased through the gray market

I poked around a bit but didn't specifically find what I was after. If I missed it, my apologies. I'm considering buying a watch (specifically an Omega) through the forum that was originally purchased through a gray market channel. If the watch needs servicing down the road, does anyone know if Omega will actually service it, or will they refuse since it wasn't purchased from an AD. I'm not talking about warranty service. That's obvious. I mean a repair or maintenance service that I would pay for. Sorry if I'm either in the wrong place or if this has been answered previously. I'm guessing this extends to other manufacturers as well, and isn't just an Omega question. Thanks in advance.

Eric

Re: Repair a watch originally purchased through the gray market

As long as it's genuine, and still has it's serial number, they'll do it for you.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Yes, they will.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. This helps. Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by EPmac View Post
    Have a great weekend.
    And you, mate.

Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Quote Originally Posted by EPmac View Post
    If the watch needs servicing down the road, does anyone know if Omega will actually service it, or will they refuse since it wasn't purchased from an AD. I'm not talking about warranty service. That's obvious. I mean a repair or maintenance service that I would pay for.
    From my experience, they will do both. Purchasing from an AD is not mandatory to get free or paid services.

The Swatch Group never ask for the original invoice. It is impossible for them to know when, how and by who a watch was purchased. They would have to track each watch constantly to know this...

The boundaries between the gray and authorized market are totally blurred. Unsold watches on the authorized circuit often end in the gray market. And many authorized dealers buy from the gray market, when the factory stocks are low. There are also untraceable dealers/distributor exchange.

Warranty cards are also meaningless. What can prove that the purchase date is correct? That the name of the dealer is the right one? Nothing.

Don't worry. If anything happens with your watch, Omega will take care of it.
    Have a wonderful time...

just a note about serial number. I have SMP from grey market with the serial # removed from the case (it was a gift from someone who would not know the diffrence) well over the past 11 years its gone back to swatch 3 times twice for reg service and once for a nasty mishap resulting in needing to replace bezel. Swatch/Omega at the secaucaus repair facility are awsome and never had issue with this very "grey" watch regarding service.
    every now and then a sales rep at an AD will say something like "omega will not touch your watch unless purchased from us" i just smile when they say that ....then walk out..

Omega-Bond SMP. Speedy Pro 861. Rolex-Airking white dial arabic markers SeaDweller 16600 Z 2007 birth year of my sonTudor - Pelagos 25600TB Seiko-SBGX091. Tuna SBBN017. SKX009J. SKX011J1. Casio-Mudman GW9000A-1. PAW 2000T-7V. GW-5000-1JF.

MKII - Project 300 deposit

Yeah, no matter where you bought your watch, as long as its a genuine Omega, Swatch will service it. Even Seiko does so too, even honouring the warranty even it was a grey market one which i got.

Thread Information