Repeated question, but i cant find an answer about 80 power reserves

Thread: Repeated question, but i cant find an answer about 80 power reserves

Repeated question, but i cant find an answer about 80 power reserves

Are the 80 hour power reserve movement in Swatch brands serviceable, which for me means having a competent watch maker regulate the watch when it needs servicing?

I like my watch to be easy serviceable without requiring having them shipped out of town to the brand repair facility...like I had to do when I owned an Omega.

Re: Repeated question, but i cant find an answer about 80 power reserves

I was always under the impression that it simply is a (highly) modified ETA 2824-2 movement where the beat rate has been slowed down and other small tweaks have been made to reduce friction which leads the higher power reserve. I don't see why any watch maker couldn't service it and you would only run into an issue if one of the modified parts needs to be replaced, which I would think a competent watchmaker could source if needed. I don't think they lock down the parts for their lower brands like they do there more prestigious ones like Omega. Just my 2 cents

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTASEAMASTER View Post
    Are the 80 hour power reserve movement in Swatch brands serviceable, which for me means having a competent watch maker regulate the watch when it needs servicing?

I like my watch to be easy serviceable without requiring having them shipped out of town to the brand repair facility...like I had to do when I owned an Omega.

Stick with traditonal ETA movements (2836, 2892, 2824...)
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Powermatic 80 movement does not feature an ETAchron eccentric screw to regulate the movement, instead, it appears to be a free sprung balance with variable inertia balance wheel.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTASEAMASTER View Post

When you own higher end pieces they have to ship the watch to Switz anyway for maintenance. You're gonna have to get used to it.

Thread Information